Concept Phase Oct09-May12

P1SIM is a commercial game under development featuring traffic, logistics, city building and more.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Logistics Game Concept "P1" In Pictures

Post by Kevo00 »

Just a thought on that note, I assume you have thought of this already, but if there are 'government' buildings in the game then people should travel to and from them too. I always thought it silly in Sim City that police and firemen didn't need to get to work, nor students and teachers! School and University traffic can be important for transport systems.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

Kevo00 wrote:Just a thought on that note, I assume you have thought of this already, but if there are 'government' buildings in the game then people should travel to and from them too. I always thought it silly in Sim City that police and firemen didn't need to get to work, nor students and teachers! School and University traffic can be important for transport systems.
Depending on performance limits, there will be
- home-to-work traffic
- home-to-school traffic (no cars)
- home-to-vacation traffic (from cities to seasides, mountains, forests ...)
- home-to-shopping traffic

By the way: Here is how motorway crossing could look like: (They will have a size of about 60*60 tiles!!)
motorways.jpg
motorways.jpg (67.29 KiB) Viewed 7543 times
www.p1sim.org - P1SIM - Traffic, Logistics, City-Building & more
Join the discussions here on tt-forums.net!
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

The bridge isn't realistic, but it looks good.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

KillerMapper wrote:The bridge isn't realistic, but it looks good.
How would you paint it?
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

Like this:

But it was especially about the size of the bridge, too little ^^

Edit: also I forgot to put a void line, I never see bridges where the road is near the hole.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

KillerMapper wrote:Like this:

But it was especially about the size of the bridge, too little ^^
Yeah that looks better ;)
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I hope that it will use cargo destinations and passenger destinations, also as well as going out to work, school, holiday, etc, you have to add in a small "random" movement for one off journeys.
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

EXTspotter wrote:I hope that it will use cargo destinations and passenger destinations
That will be a disputable point. I will try to find a way between reality and playability. I dont want to reward people who look for a coal mine and a power plant on the opposite side of the map and then transport coal over the whole map although the power plant would also be happy with coal from closer mines.

Citizen know where they want to get, so there will be something like "passenger destinations".
EXTspotter wrote:you have to add in a small "random" movement for one off journeys.
Yeah. That will be implemented.
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

smallfly wrote:(They will have a size of about 60*60 tiles!!)
motorways.jpg
You told you will have to do with smaller maps (at least for the start), yet you are proposing 10 tiles wide highway? That is huge even on 2048 * 2048 map.

Also, the tiles are going to be much smaller than in OTTD, right?

Also, you should dump the SDL idea in favor of a GPU-accelerated solution - OpenGL or DirectX. This will put many "obscure" platforms out of play, but you will need all the CPU power for gameplay calculations you can get. You can easily see, how CPU intensive is blitting in OTTD by comparing the fast forward speed on a densely populated map on different zoom levels. Plus such solution gives you extras like smooth zooming for amost free.

PS: Btw, are you going to render pedestrians? Now that would be awesome :P
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

CommanderZ wrote: Also, you should dump the SDL idea in favor of a GPU-accelerated solution - OpenGL or DirectX. This will put many "obscure" platforms out of play, but you will need all the CPU power for gameplay calculations you can get. You can easily see, how CPU intensive is blitting in OTTD by comparing the fast forward speed on a densely populated map on different zoom levels. Plus such solution gives you extras like smooth zooming for amost free.
CommanderZ wrote: PS: Btw, are you going to render pedestrians? Now that would be awesome :P
I really would like to :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

CommanderZ wrote:Also, the tiles are going to be much smaller than in OTTD, right?
At least this, I can answer. Surely, tiles will be much smaller than in OTTD, seeing how a downtown avenue could easily occupy 10 tiles width
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

Chrill wrote:
CommanderZ wrote:Also, the tiles are going to be much smaller than in OTTD, right?
At least this, I can answer. Surely, tiles will be much smaller than in OTTD, seeing how a downtown avenue could easily occupy 10 tiles width
At least the default zoom level will be farer than in ottd otherwise you wouldnt see enough objects ;)
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

CommanderZ wrote: Also, you should dump the SDL idea in favor of a GPU-accelerated solution - OpenGL or DirectX.
But afaik you can tell SDL to use/prefer DirectX/OpenGL instead of CPU blitting, can't you?
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

During the last days I created a website for "P1". In the next days I will add all information provided in this thread to the website.

http://www.p1sim.org
http://www.p1sim.de
http://www.p1sim.com
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

I visited it, and some things:

http://www.p1sim.org/img/wiki_up/trams.jpg

I know it's just a drawing, but trams' rails aren't always like classic rail roads, most of time, it's only rails in the floor or the grass, like this: http://www.funimag.com/temp/DSC_0252.jpg

http://www.p1sim.org/img/wiki_up/railstation.jpg

It's possible to build stations like we want? I mean that we can put the rails and the platforms independently, so for example we can build a station like that:

(2 platfroms, with 3 lines for trains, the middle one can be used for trains which won't stop in this station for example)

Hehe you put my motorway modification :)
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

KillerMapper wrote:I visited it, and some things:

http://www.p1sim.org/img/wiki_up/trams.jpg

I know it's just a drawing, but trams' rails aren't always like classic rail roads, most of time, it's only rails in the floor or the grass, like this: http://www.funimag.com/temp/DSC_0252.jpg
You are right, but there are also trams having standard looing rail tracks, so it isnt wrong. But the grass-integrated tram tracks look better and help the user to see the different transport systems, so I will add the integrated tracks, too. ;)
KillerMapper wrote: http://www.p1sim.org/img/wiki_up/railstation.jpg

It's possible to build stations like we want? I mean that we can put the rails and the platforms independently, so for example we can build a station like that:

(2 platfroms, with 3 lines for trains, the middle one can be used for trains which won't stop in this station for example)
That will work unproblematically. I will add your picture to the wiki later the day.
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

smallfly wrote: You are right, but there are also trams having standard looing rail tracks, so it isnt wrong.
Yeah I know, it's why I said "most of time" ^^
Sarvesh50
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sarvesh50 »

I hope this is real and not a joke of a teenager with drawing talents or somebody that can code but this will be too hard so dont know about your own capacities.

But if this will become real than ottd will have a less brigther future :?

2 ****** years?
Man i could be killed or something with the "New" flu around.

And about the development by a game studio why not ? :mrgreen:
It would become very popular and it would sell great.
But i prefer the free version of yours :mrgreen:

Will be there a map builder or a scenario builder / Could you implement a map builder or a scenario builder.
Disasters would be cool too but this has to be the players choice. Because not everybody likes disasters.
Same for taking over companies.
Also a story mode would be fun but it is not necessary.
But still i want to tell about it it will have some simple missions like achieving something like cash vechiles cities you rule :P .
Also i would like a option to bind to a city and industry so the other company can use your resources or deliver to your customers.

You can add here http://www.p1sim.org/tiki-index.php?page=Citizen
Going to a mall.

If i have more (Stupid/Great (Everyone has their own taste) ) ideas i will post them.
KillerMapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KillerMapper »

About relief, it will be like in OTTD?
smallfly
Chairman
Chairman

Post by smallfly »

KillerMapper wrote:About relief, it will be like in OTTD?
I think you mean the geolocical relief, do you? The slopes, their size and angles etc.? At the moment the moment I'm planning to use the same as ottd does, but I'm not sure, if I have to decrease the slope angles so that you can have smoother hills. Perhaps have of the slope angle used in ottd? What do you think?
Sarvesh50 wrote:I hope this is real and not a joke of a teenager (...)
I'm 23 years old. I successfully passed the teenager period ;)
Sarvesh50 wrote:with drawing talents
thanks ;)
Sarvesh50 wrote:or somebody that can code
I do
Sarvesh50 wrote:but this will be too hard so dont know about your own capacities.
It will be too hard. But I'm harder ;)
Sarvesh50 wrote: But if this will become real than ottd will have a less brigther future :?
OpenTTD is no direct competitor for P1. The games are not comparable. But there will surely be some players changing to P1 because they always missed important features like realistic airports and shipping, features like road traffic and complex road networks, features like ... (ok, I will stop now ;) )
Sarvesh50 wrote: 2 ****** years?
Man i could be killed or something with the "New" flu around.
Do you want the game to be realized or do you want somebody telling you to make a great game in 2 months and after that time all he says is "development stopped because I never really wanted to make that game".
Sarvesh50 wrote: And about the development by a game studio why not ? :mrgreen:
It would become very popular and it would sell great.
But i prefer the free version of yours :mrgreen:

I would prefer the game studio. But a game studio will not offer all the great features in want in a traffic, logistics, city-building simulation.
Sarvesh50 wrote: Will be there a map builder or a scenario builder / Could you implement a map builder or a scenario builder.
Of course, there will be an integrated map editor.
Sarvesh50 wrote: Disasters would be cool too but this has to be the players choice. Because not everybody likes disasters.
Currently planned desasters are:
- fire (fire trucks come)
- demonstrations (police cars come)
- floodings (military units come (helicopters, trucks, troops incl sand bags))
Sarvesh50 wrote: Same for taking over companies.
You can decide yourself if you want to sell shares of your company. Thats not a decision of the server settings.
Sarvesh50 wrote: Also a story mode would be fun but it is not necessary.
Write some sentences about that feature. At the moment I dont know exactly what you mean.
Sarvesh50 wrote: But still i want to tell about it it will have some simple missions like achieving something like cash vechiles cities you rule :P .
Playing P1 you will be glad to survive. I dont think youll need more targets. But of coure there will be a goal system for users, that like that feature. P1 is for every logistics, traffic, city-building simulation fan, so all important features will be integrated but some of them will be switched off be default.
Sarvesh50 wrote: Also i would like a option to bind to a city and industry so the other company can use your resources or deliver to your customers.
Explain that. Dont get it.
Sarvesh50 wrote: You can add here http://www.p1sim.org/tiki-index.php?page=Citizen
Going to a mall.
Isn't "to go shopping" the same as "going to a mall" ?!
Sarvesh50 wrote: If i have more (Stupid/Great (Everyone has their own taste) ) ideas i will post them.
Thanks! Your ideas are great!

Return to “P1SIM”