Train replacement

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Train replacement

Post by planetmaker »

HoaD wrote:Thanks you so much for the script, but I found a bug/flaw.
I like to play with AI's, but I found out that (at least one) AI (AdmiralAI) always build with the universal track type.

Can you do something about this, or is it something de developer of the AI has to take care of?
Of course it's an "issue" with the AI. AIs can decide on their own of which vehicles to use - and for some reason AdmiralAI seems to think that the universal tracktype is the one it wants. NewGRFs should not - and cannot - do anything about the choice a player makes (AIs are simply another player).

But if you think that the tracktype is a bad choice: don't use a NewGRF which supplies it ;-)
HoaD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HoaD »

I was just hoping there is something to build in the script to prevent AI to choose it. The reason why I use this and anyone who uses this script is to upgrade easy your hundreds of trains to the new railtrack types. I love to see maglevs train shooting through your screen :) and not getting RSI while converting all trains manually and miss the maglev decade.

I attached a save file in which you will see AdmiralAI (and in the meantime other AI's too) are building the universal railtrack with just regular diesel trains on it.
Attachments
Hoad & Co.sav
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 91 times
zero.eight
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by zero.eight »

Thanks for the save. I managed to replicate AdmiralAI building universal rail track even with high construction costs. I don't know how AIs decide which railtype to build so you might want to report it to the AI developers. As pm said, there's nothing I can do from a NewGRF perspective.
OpenTTD: VAST - station tiles and objects | MICS - urban monorail graphical conversion | Universal Rail Type - easier train replacement
HoaD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HoaD »

To bad, thanks for looking into it anyway.

Return to “Graphics Development”