KGAT PATCHPACK R16183 32 patchs crashes

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: KGAT PATCHPACK Work Still Need (6 Patchs added and tested)

Post by planetmaker »

2007Alain2007 wrote:ok will do now and can i just ask were is fiber_win32.cpp
It was removed with r15008. Fibres aren't supported anymore.

In general, if you search for a specific file, it sometimes is helpful to just type it into the search mask of the changelog on the openttd website, e.g. http://hg.openttd.org/openttd/trunk.hg/ ... _win32.cpp
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Thanks for the link and dose that mean i cant us that patch any more and how am i doing now
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

2007Alain2007 wrote:Thanks for the link and dose that mean i cant us that patch any more and how am i doing now
I've no idea :) Depends what was done there. The usual approach would be to look at the patch, understand what the code in that file does, whether it became obsolete. Depending on the answer to that I'd leave out the associated code or move it to another appropriate file.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

it means you either need to try to rework the patch (that does not mean running around the forums posting that request into 10 old threads) or ditch the patch. perhaps you will find someone very very very very kind, who reads this thread, who will have pitty and help you :-P

you are doing a lot better, not asking others to do your work (or what tortoise can / cannot do), and showing progress - doing little steps at a time is good to see! thumbs up!

little hint on the side: i usually work with more than one checkout of openttd, so i have one where i am working on my patches (for you your patch pack) and one where i can test other stuff, update other patches. that way you can then update a single patch and give that updated work back to the thread rather than posting your entire patchpack to the thread that only regards a single patch out of the pack.
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

perhaps you will find someone very very very very kind, who reads this thread, who will have pitty and help you :-P
I'll be that someone for you today.

The file (openttd_vs80.vcproj) the conflicting changes are done in is a project file for visual studio (a developing environment some devs and non-devs of openttd use), it includes information like what files belong to the project, in which subfolder (visual studio-internal) they belong, and so on.
If a patch adds a completely new file or removes a file for some reason, it should also contain appropriate changes to openttd_vs80.vcproj, openttd_vs90.vcproj (project files for different versions of visual studio) and source.list (a list of the project files used when not using visual studio - i.e. make). Appropriate here means if a file was added, also add an entry for the file in each of the three files mentioned above, same goes for removing, likewise.

So now if you look at the patch carefully, you'll see that no file is added or removed by it. And look at the changes in openttd_vs80.vcproj carefully: It is only shuffling the entries for some files around. This does not make any sense and you can safely remove those changes from the patch. Not only the shuffling of fiber_win32.cpp, but all and any changes to openttd_vs80.vcproj.

The shuffling around does not change anything in OpenTTD at all; the only difference is if someone uses visual studio, the files will be listed in a slightly different order. And this is also probably the reason why this shuffling was in the patch in the first place - someone (either the patch author or someone who updated it) used visual studio and inadvertedly shuffled the files around (while editing in visual studio), then saved. Then he created the patch and did not notice his (unnecessary) changes done to the project file and now included in the patch.

---
I hope that you do not only know now how to fix your problem, but also learned some things that will improve your understanding of the whole thing a bit ;) 8)
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

yes as i am doing this i am also takeing notes lol
Tanoh
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Trying to make a new Patchpack

Post by Tanoh »

Roujin wrote:Do you mean it's not network-compatible, or that it breaks multiplayer gameplay? If you mean the first, I think the most recent incarnations of the patch were network compatible. If you mean the latter, well, that's a no-issue if it's controlled by a switch in the advanced options.
Probably better discussed in it's thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31558

But, basically there seems to be something weird going on with town generation that causes a client that tries to fund a town to get disconnected. Might have something to do with names on the towns or something. I didn't have time to dig deeper.

Edit: Notice that the thread I linked to is the original patch. At page 7 I posted my new completly redone patch.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

dihedral wrote:it means you either need to try to rework the patch (that does not mean running around the forums posting that request into 10 old threads) or ditch the patch. perhaps you will find someone very very very very kind, who reads this thread, who will have pitty and help you :-P

you are doing a lot better, not asking others to do your work (or what tortoise can / cannot do), and showing progress - doing little steps at a time is good to see! thumbs up!

little hint on the side: i usually work with more than one checkout of openttd, so i have one where i am working on my patches (for you your patch pack) and one where i can test other stuff, update other patches. that way you can then update a single patch and give that updated work back to the thread rather than posting your entire patchpack to the thread that only regards a single patch out of the pack.
In addition to this... well done for not taking criticism too harshly. This thread is testement to the fact that if you persist with something and put a little effort in, you can earn respect.

Dihedral clearly thought you were being a pain in the butt at the start of the thread (don't take that too personally, he thinks most people are a pain in the butt) but it's clear from the quoted post, and I certainly agree with it, that while you're still asking for help (and that's how it should be) you've also proved that you're willing to do the work yourself.

Well done :-)

Oh, and if you're still looking for patches to add, the ITiM (Improved Timetable Management, I think) patch is my current favourite by a long way.
Jon
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Thanks for the for telling me about that

Right now i am just trying to patch the Disable Random Closing and Opening of Industries but i looking at the files and with the smooth_economy i like the changeds it dose but i want to add the patchs and dont see away of patching it becuse what i am reading on it the smooth_economy sorts out closing of industries as well i just going to read a bit more on it and look on the forums
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

2007Alain2007 wrote:well i just going to read a bit more on it and look on the forums
for that line i am proud of you :-)
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

hi dihedral thanks :)
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Trying to make a new Patchpack

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Chico008 wrote:Nice job

you should consider adding the Daylenght patch ^^
consider and done :) lol its now in the patch pack hope you like it update is now on frist post
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hamilton2007 »

When will there be a pre-build availble?
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luukland »

Hamilton2007 wrote:When will there be a pre-build availble?
Indeed, I love too see a win32 build :)

Keep up the good work!!
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: KGAT PATCHPACK Work Still Need (7 Patchs added and tested)

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

look at frist post to get the latest patch file and build
Last edited by 2007Alain2007 on 28 Feb 2009 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

7-zip

EDIT:
... is what other users use to upload their binaries.
(in reply to edited post above).

Alain, do not edit like that please, you made me look like a spammer, lol.
After me removing the zipped file...
/edit
Last edited by ChillCore on 28 Feb 2009 07:41, edited 3 times in total.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Hamilton2007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hamilton2007 »

Thanks Alain.
ColdIce
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ColdIce »

Thank you.. :D

all we need now is

*Maximum Subsidy Distance* and *Filter by cargo :)

LE: :( I can`t play with ECS :(
The rest is confetti!
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Could you consider grass on tracks patch?
Please?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

dihedral wrote:...perhaps you will find someone very very very very kind, who reads this thread, who will have pitty and help you :-P...
Does it have to be out of pitty? :?
Attachments
hum.gif
hum.gif (282 Bytes) Viewed 3540 times

Return to “OpenTTD Development”