Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

indio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

more suggestion

Post by indio »

hy all :D

i have got a lot of suggestion :
- bigdest station,more deck for bus and camion (for example 4 or 6 deck)
- limit to space in the deport , it's very un-real their space in the deport , i hate it :evil:
- cliff in the water , more realistic for the scenario example:Image
- an other suggestion is the limit of the all station (pepole) some time they are exceeds the number of the abitant in the city
-to end, the accident WITH!!!!! the veichle (and not only WITH!!!!! the normal event);collide WITH!!!!! car,terrorist attack plane, etc...
this is the my all suggestion
(ps: the error is make by google translate :P )

Code: Select all

(>____<)
Image Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i had got a cake >_<
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: more suggestion

Post by CommanderZ »

I wish OOTD could handle higher height differences per tile than one (thus making cliffs)!
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

I wish "google translate" would make less errors when tranlsatin.

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I especially wish it would make fewer spelling mistakes. Someone should report that problem to them.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

Anyway, to post something useful to the thread...
indio wrote:- bigdest station,more deck for bus and camion (for example 4 or 6 deck)
Bigger bus stations would be pretty cool, as it can be a bit annoying to only have 3 spaces per bus station.
However, as only one bus can get in or out of the station at any one time, you may's well justbuild MORE bus stations next to each other...
indio wrote:- limit to space in the deport , it's very un-real their space in the deport , i hate it :evil:
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Could you clarify?
indio wrote:- cliff in the water , more realistic for the scenario example:Image
Unfortunately it's not possible, due to how TTD/etc is scripted, the only way you could get a cliff is to build a railway line along the slope (and even then it's only a little cliff).
indio wrote:- an other suggestion is the limit of the all station (pepole) some time they are exceeds the number of the abitant in the city
A pretty sensible suggestion, yeah. It would need a bit of thought, as to how to implement it. Like, would it be stations per town, or stations per company per town? (For example, if a town has a limit of 1 station, then whoever gets there first has complete monopoly, you can't challenge it).
indio wrote:-to end, the accident WITH!!!!! the veichle (and not only WITH!!!!! the normal event);collide WITH!!!!! car,terrorist attack plane, etc...
I'm not sure if I understand this one. You're suggesting more variety for accidents?
indio wrote:(ps: the error is make by google translate :P )
Don't worry. If you don't know English, then to use a translator is the best that you can do. If people don't understand, then they should ask for clarification =)
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Unfortunately it's not possible, due to how TTD/etc is scripted, the only way you could get a cliff is to build a railway line along the slope (and even then it's only a little cliff).
I don't think it is that impossible, the only problem is the graphical output, because OTTD doesn't store only height of the tile, it stores the shape of the tile too. And when there is higher height difference per tile than one (thus the tiles don't fit each other), an assertion error is thrown. And if you go to the code and remove the line where the error is thrown, voila...everything works, the height difference is here, but a graphical glitch (gap between the tiles) is created where the tiles don't fit.

PS: This is 50% hypothetic and 50% tested - a was playing with this code when I was trying to remove the necessity to have water tiles on the edge of the map.

So I think this is pretty feasible, just something similiar to the foundation drawing code needs to be added there (there are of course some more adaptations necessary - TGen, terraforming tools, maybe the pathfinders etc.).
indio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by indio »

but this suggestion , some are possible and other impossible;

and the 2 erm... incomprehensible sugggestion :

- the accident WITH!!!!! the veichle (and not only WITH!!!!! the normal event);collide WITH!!!!! car,terrorist attack plane, etc...
- limit to space in the deport , it's very un-real their space in the deport

this is :

- the disaster WITH!!!!! the veichle [and not only WITH!!!!! the normal event(example: plane crash WITH!!!!! land)];i want to add collide WITH!!!!! bus and camion,terrorist attack plane and hijack plane, ships sink in the ocean [...]
- limit to space for the veichles in the deport
(for atlantis)

Code: Select all

(>____<)
Image Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
i had got a cake >_<
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

DaleStan wrote:Someone should report that problem to them.
[x] done

regards
Michael
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

@MBlunck: I think it's more likely that he's using the translator to translate one word at a time, and even then only the words that he doesn't know.
I say this, because I work a lot with translators, and I don't know a single one that translates "with" into "WITH!!!!!" every time. Any mis-SPELLED words are likely himself, it's just oddly-chosen words or bad grammar that he can blame on the translator.
As a languages teacher I come across this problem alllll the time, and unless you know HOW the guy uses the translator, you can't tell if there is a problem with it at all, so reporting it to Google would be a bit of a waste of time. =)

Anyway, Indio, thanks for clarifying those two suggestions, I understand now.
- the disaster WITH!!!!! the veichle [and not only WITH!!!!! the normal event(example: plane crash WITH!!!!! land)];i want to add collide WITH!!!!! bus and camion,terrorist attack plane and hijack plane, ships sink in the ocean [...]
Ahh, just more variety of disasters in general, yeah that's a good one.
Planes that crash somewhere other than the end of the runway, makes sense.
Busses and cars crashing into each other (as opposed to only with trains on level crossings).
Terrorism... A lot of people would be against this, it could be seen as bad taste, but in theory it would be interesting.
Ships sinking... Now this could be good, once it reaches a certain age or something, there's a chance that it could just... sink. Haha, very nice.
- limit to space for the veichles in the deport
So you can only fit a certain number of trains/vehicles in each depot... So, if one is full (say, if it has 3 trains in it already).
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

@Atlantis the WITH!!!! is done by forums.. when someone writes w h i t (no spaces) then it turns it to WITH!!!!. Part of the censoring thingie :P
for example WITH!!!!!
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

LordAzamath wrote:@Atlantis the WITH!!!! is done by forums.. when someone writes w h i t (no spaces) then it turns it to WITH!!!!. Part of the censoring thingie :P
for example WITH!!!!!
For me, it only shows up in the quoted text (a la above) (edit: or not...)

Scautura
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

You are kidding me. What's the point in that?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Atlantis wrote: [The Word]

You are kidding me. What's the point in that?
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=726809#p726809
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=726714#p726714
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=611927#p611927

Just search for "Zetor" if you need more proof. 8)

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Atlantis wrote:@MBlunck: I think it's more likely that
And I think you need to look into replacing your sarcasm detector.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

@MBlunck: lol, fair enough.

@DaleStan: I can't even take that seriously, it just made me laugh. You might not have realised it, but people can't actually HEAR what you say when it's posted on a forum. It "sounds" the same, whether it's sarcastic or not. So if people don't actually know your personality, how are we supposed to detect the sarcasm? It's your problem, not mine.

Anyway, someone makes a post full of suggestions (some of them good ones, too), despite their obvious handicap of not knowing that much English, and all that the regular posters (including a team member) do is complain about his translation and spelling... How about posting about his suggestions?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Atlantis wrote: [...]
@DaleStan: I can't even take that seriously, it just made me laugh. You might not have realised it, but people can't actually HEAR what you say when it's posted on a forum. It "sounds" the same, whether it's sarcastic or not. So if people don't actually know your personality, how are we supposed to detect the sarcasm? It's your problem, not mine.
Well. I´d say it´s not a problem at all. Actually, it really was some sort of sarcastic reply to Dale´s comment, but only after the OP didn´t react on our advice and posted again, more awfully than before. Which o/c, only showed that he didn´t read our advice. Which is a widespread behaviour between newbies, unfortunately.
Anyway, someone makes a post full of suggestions (some of them good ones, too), despite their obvious handicap of not knowing that much English, and all that the regular posters (including a team member) do is complain about his translation and spelling... How about posting about his suggestions?
You´ll get used to it after answering a certain number of "posts" yourself.

regards
Michael
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Atlantis wrote:@DaleStan: You might not have realised it, but people can't actually HEAR what you say when it's posted on a forum. It "sounds" the same, whether it's sarcastic or not. So if people don't actually know your personality, how are we supposed to detect the sarcasm?
By using your brain.
If you can't detect sarcasm in a complaint that Google Translate is producing misspelled words, and a straight response to that complaint, then you need your head inspected.

In what impossible circumstance can you imagine MB having actually reported this "issue" to Google?
el koeno
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by el koeno »

michael blunck wrote:
Atlantis wrote: Well. I´d say it´s not a problem at all. Actually, it really was some sort of sarcastic reply to Dale´s comment, but only after the OP didn´t react on our advice and posted again, more awfully than before. Which o/c, only showed that he didn´t read our advice. Which is a widespread behaviour between newbies, unfortunately.
Ehm, I hate to break this to you, but if your advise consists of acting like a jerk people aren't very likely to follow it.
Atlantis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Atlantis »

DaleStan wrote:By using your brain.
Oh so now I'm not using my brain... riiiiight. That's pretty pathetic, couldn't you think of something more imaginitive?

Well, as you didn't understand it the first time, I'll explain it again. You might want to read it a bit S L O W E R this time, so your brain might register the words.
Just because something is clear to you, doesn't mean it's clear to everyone else. It's not because they're stupid, it's because you aren't very good at communicating.

Besides, the point of my first posts wasn't even with regards to the reporting it, I was just explaining why his translation came out like that, so perhaps you could be a bit more considerate to him. The comment about reporting it was just a "by the way" thought. Re-read it, have a look.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You seem thoroughly convinced that the problem could not possibly be on your end.

So, I'll oblige you. The problem is now undeniably on my end: *plonk*

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”