NewGrfs' test topic

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

ttrsw.grf #OK, Total town replacement set (Zimmlock's)
Are there extra settings required for this grf, because I get nothing except the new banks with the set (new game or loaded, with other grfs or only ttrs)?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

The set has parameters. Check the homepage of the set for more info.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

The set has parameters. Check the homepage of the set for more info.
Ive been over the site, which parameters might they be?
- The "newhouses" switch being turned on
- Optionally, you can add two numbers (parameters) to the end of the line,
Neither appear to work in any form; are they even supported by OTTD?
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

The parameters are supported in the nighlies.
This is the OTTD edition of TTRS2
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=20781
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

The parameters are supported in the nighlies.
In what format? ttrsw.grf21 certainly isnt, because it looks for the whole filename. And I cant get any sort of response or hint from any other config setting relating to this set.
This is the OTTD edition of TTRS2
Yup, I've used that on and off. Its not the info I'm after. Wolf listed the TTRS1 as fully supported by OTTD, yet it wont work for me, and I'm trying to figure out why.
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Try:
ttrsw.grf 2 1
The game will probably change it to something like "ttrsw.grf = 2 1".
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

uhm... older version

wait, i download a newer version and i will take some tests

Code: Select all

ttrsw.grf <- old!
TTRS3w.grf <-new but i don't know arguments to make it working
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Do you know if the TTRS2.grf - the original (not the OTTD edition) works?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

gkirilov wrote:Do you know if the TTRS2.grf - the original (not the OTTD edition) works?
no, i don't have it, i have only the oldest first version and the v3
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

None of the TTRS grf are currently working in OpenTTD. :cry:
I do have plans to make it work though.
It would not be as hard as newstations.
I only lack an awfull lot of time :?

Patience... It will be a reality
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

All 3 versions are available on the official site.
ttrsw.grf 2 1
The game will probably change it to something like "ttrsw.grf = 2 1".
It did, but theres still no ingame effect.

Wolf, you still have V1 listed as supported. If infact you do have it working despite Belugas' claim that they dont work, could you please list what arguments/format you are using. Is it maybe possible that it worked in older nightlies, but a recent change broke it?
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

sc79 wrote:If infact you do have it working despite Belugas' claim that they dont work, could you please list what arguments/format you are using. Is it maybe possible that it worked in older nightlies, but a recent change broke it?
Grrrrr..... :evil:
TTRS are relying on Action 00 for Houses, and others newgrf features in order to be VISIBLY active in the game.
Currently, nor nightlies nor releases have those features CODED.
I do have done some coding for supporting them, but it is 1) NOT COMMITED 2) NOT FINISHED 3) NOT AVAILABLE

So if you do have a screen that shows the TTRS grf file in Ottd, cool, butit aint trunk nor standard OTTD.
The only thing that may appear are 2 houses been replaced (by action 0A) as well as some airport tiles.
That is far from the whole set. :roll:
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

the version i'm using works, it changes only the bank and one or two buildings, infact is a really old version and doesn't need for parameters

if you want to try, here is it
Attachments
ttrsw.grf
(if this attachment break some licenses, contact me to remove it)
(189.46 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Wolf01 wrote:the version i'm using works, it changes only the bank and one or two buildings, infact is a really old version and doesn't need for parameters
Then it definetely doesn't work. It should do a lot more than this.
http://users.skynet.be/florisjan/ttd/ttrs1.html
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

the version i'm using works, it changes only the bank and one or two buildings,
Given that only 2 or 3 out of the 27 new buildings load, I'd say thats far from 'OK', and even pushes the limit of your defination of 'Works'. I'd be inclined to put it under 'Starts' for now, even though it doesnt produce any error messages.
Commie Si
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Commie Si »

I have found that the troprs_w.grf works OK on the 0.4.8RC so WOO!
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

That’s great, unfortunately it doesn’t work correctly with electrified railways in the latest nightly builds. :(
See my bug report here.
TheHood
Engineer
Engineer

UK Renewal Set Problem

Post by TheHood »

I'm basicly new to all this - have installed OpenTTD and added the UK new renewal set - but it doesn't seem to have any train vehicles that transport wood. Any ideas?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

if i remember well, you must refit the wagons to carry what you can't find on the list
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UK Renewal Set Problem

Post by Born Acorn »

TheHood wrote:I'm basicly new to all this - have installed OpenTTD and added the UK new renewal set - but it doesn't seem to have any train vehicles that transport wood. Any ideas?
The Bolster Wagon can be refitted to wood. Later on a dedicated Timber wagon is introduced. :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”