Michael Blunck's new graphics [http://www.ttdpatch.de/]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

I particularly love the yellowish building in your last screenie. It reminds me of the station of my hometown Schaffhausen, Switzerland. [...] Was this your inspiration?

Well, no. It´s more like "Friedrichshafen", although that´s not far away from the Swiss border. 8)

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/de/sta ... tadt-1.jpg

The building style is quite common in that region.

regards
Michael
DaMightyWackO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DaMightyWackO »

@Mister Blunck

I know the ICE (and some other trains) wasn't supposed to be used with cargo, but i would really like to do that. Is there a possibility to make a cheat or something that would allow the ICE (and others) to transport freight?

It has been asked before and i know it isn't realistic, but extreme tunnels, 14x14 stations, higher bridges, stable economy ect. aren't either.

Could you make that possible of tell me how i could do that?
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

this won't be really effective, because it's not easy to get a lot boxes between the seats. :lol:
DaMightyWackO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DaMightyWackO »

RK wrote:this won't be really effective, because it's not easy to get a lot boxes between the seats. :lol:
I mean to fit freightwagons between the two engines. :)
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

The ICE is not designed to be a freight train as Michael tries to be as realistic as possible, the chance is very high Michael wouldn't do it. The answer is 99% a NO *

* I know Michael is very upset when people use passenger engines for freight trains and as far as I remember he doesn't like this repeating questions atleast for the Transrapid.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Well, Michael has stated often enough that the ICE (and the other passenger engines) will not work with freight wagons, simply because the set aims at being realistic. I still miss a modern freight engine to replace the BR 155, by the way.

Besides, I don't really see why one would use the ICE anyway, for it is horribly weak. It takes ages to reach its top speed even when only used for passenger traffic. For freight, using the BR 182 is a much better choice, it goes some 230 km/h, but can be double-headed for more power and thus runs much better with freight trains, especially in hilly terrain.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

I don't really see why one would use the ICE anyway, for it is horribly weak. It takes ages to reach its top speed even when only used for passenger traffic. For freight, using the BR 182 is a much better choice
Indeed.

Add to that that (especially the ICE-3) uses powered wagons and there´s generally a speed limit for freight wagons, this makes no sense at all.

Best thing is o/c that this is deeply coded into the set and cannot be changed without heavy modifications. 8)

> I still miss a modern freight engine to replace the BR 155, by the way.

Which one do you want for v0.9? AFAIR, there´s still one slot free ...

regards
Michael
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

*looks over the graphics in awe...

*throws out his feeble attempts at drawing.
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

michael blunck wrote:
I still miss a modern freight engine to replace the BR 155, by the way.
Which one do you want for v0.9? AFAIR, there´s still one slot free ...
Well, any of the 145/185 or 152/189 would be greatly appreciated. I guess they would not perform much different than a BR182, though.

Ah, and a final thing: Those stations look awesome :-)
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

hmm, apparently there's been an update some days back, but i can't find it. was it anything important?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

The new version of AlpineClimate is approaching release.

regards
Michael
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Excellent idea here. The Canadian Stations Set will be fully compatable with this. My question, do farms still produce grain in the winter?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> Excellent idea here. The Canadian Stations Set will be fully compatable with this.

Well, NewStations already are. 8)

> My question, do farms still produce grain in the winter?

Well, it depends and this is one of the few differences to the original behaviour of buildings and industries in this scenario.

Those farms in the "transitional area" have their fields "destroyed" by snow (they do rebuild them when snow has gone) and it would have been weird to let them produce during that period. OTOH, farms which aren´t affected by snow because they´re placed below the deepest snow line carry on with production even if the calendar says they don´t should do so. 8)

regards
Michael
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

> Excellent idea here. The Canadian Stations Set will be fully compatable with this.
>>Well, NewStations already are.

I meant will upon the release of the Arctic Climate. The Canadian Stations currently have full seasonal support. They are not yet compatable with something that hasn't been released. :wink:

> My question, do farms still produce grain in the winter?
>>Well, it depends and this is one of the few differences to the original behaviour of buildings and industries in this scenario. [...]

You really do think of everything! :D
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

krtaylor wrote:Only one thing bothers me about those stations, though. If you have separated freight and passenger tracks at the same station, there's no way to have the trains know which one to use, unless you route them using a signaltower. Which MB's screenshot does have, yes indeed - but it's directly adjacent to the station, which AFAIK is impossible. I'd asked for that feature, and I think it went on the to-do list, but I didn't know it was done or scheduled.
tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24373&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult :roll:
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

And what does that have to do with it?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Dave

Post by Dave »

Not a lot... to be fair...

I have the same problem as you krtaylor, and a solution would be nice. But that link and that topic are not it.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

There's always OTTD if you want waypoints next to stations, but only the nightlies support newstations, so some people may want to wait a while.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

how are you getting on with snow? %*** not being rude
With the new stations' sidings will the DBset be displayed or will it use loaded graphics? that would be nice.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Hi all,

I´ve uploaded a new version (0.2) of the AlpineClimate to http://www.ttdpatch.de/download.html

The AlpineClimate is a combination of TTD´s sub-arctic and temperate climates. Its key element is a variable snow line giving the impression of seasons:

This (alpha) version of the AlpineClimate re-implements TTD´s original temperate buildings and industries including their original animations. In fact, it´s a 1:1 copy of the temperate climate with all its buildings, cargoes and industries but on the basis of the arctic climate. (I.e. the landscape will be mountainous all the time and cities above snow line will need food to grow - both being provisions for a challenging game :) )

Note however, that not all buildings and industries have been already re-implemented into this version. Those missing ones will be included ASAP.

The change log:

- added the variable snowline mechanism,
- exchanged arctic houses above snowline against temperate buildings,
- exchanged arctic industries against temperate ones,
- added snow sprites for all buildings and industries,
- lots of internal code massaging.

Heve fun!

regards
Michael
PS: as always, there´s a donotreadme file included ...

Return to “Graphics Development”