New Maglev Tracks - preview

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

New Maglev Tracks - preview

Post by gkirilov »

The official name of my set(when it is ready) will be something like MTRset - Maglev Track Replacement Set. I hope no one has such a name. If not, let me know.

Here is a little preview.
I have no idea when this will be ready. But when I finish it I will post the grf file here.
"Features" like more noise and so on will be left out due to lack of time to play with the graphics.
Attachments
SMG3, 11th May 2037.png
SMG3, 11th May 2037.png (36.07 KiB) Viewed 6397 times
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It looks good, but it is a bit flat and it could use some noise (just kidding :P). But it is way better then what we got now because I can actually see which tracks are layed and which are not.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Basje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Basje »

this looks very nice. Looking forward to the final version. However, I would add some noise (it is not that hard to do), it will make it look even better.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

It's way too busy for my taste. All the pale grey stuff, for example, is pretty much superfluous.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

they look more like shinkansen tracks
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

They look flat. and maglev tracks aren't flat.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

If you like, may I have the .grf Gkirilov so that I can add noise and depth stuff?
I will send it back when I finished it! :D
Benbo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Benbo »

Yeh. As we've already said in the other topic, the track is a bit, flat, and that needs working on before it is released IMO. :wink:
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

The maglev tile need more 3D effect IMO. Also a bit noise may be nice, too.
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

robotboy wrote:they look more like shinkansen tracks
they look like shinkansen tracks after someone removed the tracks ;)
Benbo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Benbo »

I wasn't sure what shinkansen tracks were, and Googled it. I found the train, and I couldn't think what it looked like. Then I realised. It looks like a platypus. :lol: After all, I would realise that. I'm half-australina, half-english, and I support England in the Ashes BTW :D
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

I handed the grf to the Mr.X. The grf need more work but I really have no time to continue this (at least not in the near future). So I hope Mr.X can finish them and add more noise as most of you requested.

Here is the next preview:
Attachments
Quigley & Co., 30th Nov 2031.png
Quigley & Co., 30th Nov 2031.png (58.07 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
Last edited by gkirilov on 14 Mar 2006 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
TrueTenacity
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TrueTenacity »

Looks GREAT!!!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

They still do look a bit flat...
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I don't want to spoil the fun, but IMO it's ugly.

EDIT: I think you can do better, if you try. Since everything seems to fit to each other, you do have some talent.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

It's even bulkier and less pretty than the original Maglev track. The one advantage is that you can see where the junctions can be travelled, but I'd rather re-use monorail tracks than use these, to be frank.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Blackandy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Maglev Tracks - preview

Post by Blackandy »

gkirilov wrote:The official name of my set(when it is ready) will be something like MTRset - Maglev Track Replacement Set. I hope no one has such a name. If not, let me know.

Here is a little preview.
I have no idea when this will be ready. But when I finish it I will post the grf file here.
"Features" like more noise and so on will be left out due to lack of time to play with the graphics.
Dude they are great but they would be better if you re-shaded them like the maglev tracks are shades. So they would seem realistic :)
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

what do you think about this maglev track? is only a photoshop work
elevated tracks for maglev transrapid-style ( http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/d ... srapid.jpg )
Attachments
maglev_elevated.PNG
maglev_elevated.PNG (6.2 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

I like it, although those thingies on the side look a bit odd. But if you could make junctions clean so we can see where tracks are layed and where not it would be perfect.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

I see you got some noise on the middle of the track, but it doesn't look random, maybe you can randomize the noise a bit so that it looks more textured. :D

Return to “Graphics Development”