The Netherlands Scenario

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Vidar
Engineer
Engineer

The Netherlands Scenario

Post by Vidar »

Here is my scenario of The Netherlands
Attachments
Nederland.zip
(74.19 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Screenies please?
How many scenarios of The Netherlands do we have? :P
I even have two different unposted ones
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

16 million, or so.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

okay... another one! The Netherlands is quite popular isn't it? :lol:
Vidar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vidar »

And another one! Sorry, just couldn't resist.
This time it's 1024x1024, but it isn't finished yet, so here are a few screenshots of the map...
Attachments
screenshot #2.png
(37.55 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
screenshot #1.png
(38.78 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
screenshot.png
(42.63 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

That one looks quite awesome :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I agree with Purno!

Looks brilliant! Does anyone know if the dutch set is either released or playable in OpenTTD?

Cheers
James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Looking great! However I do think we need a bit of elevation at the coast...We have dunes, do we not? ;)

Damn, Holland is flat though :oops:
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

jamesvassie wrote:I agree with Purno!

Looks brilliant! Does anyone know if the dutch set is either released or playable in OpenTTD?

Cheers
James
There has been a pre-release containing 4 trains for TTDPatch. We're still busy developing but there has been no newer releases (latest can be found at our website http://users2.tt-forums.net/dutchset/ . There has been nobody who worked on OTTD support, AFAIK. I don't know if it works or not.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

dang Vidar! you've got too much time on your hands! :shock: :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Vidar wrote:And another one! Sorry, just couldn't resist.
This time it's 1024x1024, but it isn't finished yet, so here are a few screenshots of the map...
When do you expect releasing the map, because it looks really great :?:
Image Image
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

Darkvater wrote:Looking great! However I do think we need a bit of elevation at the coast...We have dunes, do we not? ;)

Damn, Holland is flat though :oops:
and polders! (which, ofcourse, should be lower)
Ergophobia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ergophobia »

That looks absolutely awesome... of course making half of the map on sea level with a few dunes near the coast would be more realistic. (I can already imagine pulling one down and let half of the map be flooded... :twisted: )
Thalass T'Kynn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thalass T'Kynn »

That happened to me, Ergophobia :P

Quite a shock. I lost a bit of money on the truck station, but no vehicles lost, fortunately. :D
Vidar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vidar »

99gnome wrote:
i couldn't resist: looks good and detailed, surely worth a play (when you release it).
***BUT*** all those small german villages like bonn, düsseldorf, neuss are nice to have. but where on earth is cologne?!? that makes the whole thing totally unplayable. otherwise - nice :-)

(living in cologne a little patriotism should be allowed, right? ;-) )
Well, Cologne is Keulen in dutch, so it's definitely on the map.
The polders and half of The Netherlands are not on sea level, why?
Cities tend to build all it's houses on the same level, before you know it, half the map is turned into sea. And everything that has been build there is lost. I also decided not to lower it because all the lakes in the lower part had to have dunes around it. And so, the dutch have raised all land to prevent the greatest disaster in dutch history from happening.
Also, if you happen to miss the flooding, a lot of cities will be lost.

And finally, here it is! While I was testing the map a lot of industry near Rotterdam closed down. Still, I have decided to leave it the way it is, so if you want it to survive, make sure to bring goods to it.
Details:
220 cities
45 coal mines
9 power stations
4 saw mills
41 forests

to be short, there are quite a lot of producing industries and some processing industries.

There are no dunes, because they dissapeared when the land was raised..
Comments?
Attachments
The Netherlands by Vidar.zip
(912.03 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
Ergophobia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ergophobia »

Great stuff, absolutely great. This is going to be my next scenario for a huge train network... maybe I'll base it on the real highway system, just with trains. :P

Anyways, you're tha man. Great work.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Vidar wrote:Well, Cologne is Keulen in dutch, so it's definitely on the map.
Wouldn't "Köln" be a better name?
Image Image
Ergophobia
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ergophobia »

Hey, it's a Dutch map. So we use Dutch names. If you want a German map, you should also change typical Dutch names like Arnhem or Kerkrade to their German equivalents.

NB: who built that power station near Utrecht right on top of my town?
Thalass T'Kynn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thalass T'Kynn »

Uh, this is probably a really stupid question. And I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it. But in the scenario you start at 1920, and there's no vehicles. I'm sure I saw something the other day about bringing vehicles back a bit so you can actually play at this year, but I can't find it.

Help? *puppyeyes*
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Ede is only a tiny tiny speck ! :(
This is an outrage!

Oh well when I have time to play OpenTTD it'll be a nice challenge to make it the biggest metropolis on the map :roll:
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.

Return to “General OpenTTD”