[OTTD] Ari's Continental Border Cross Heightmap/Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Ariexe
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] Ari's Continental Border Cross Heightmap/Scenario

Post by Ariexe »

Hey everyone, This is my first time posting on the forums despite playing this game for 10+ years. I got inspired recently to make my own scenario/height map themed around a border crossing between two nations. I've uploaded the heightmap on Bananas, but I'm not sure I did it right. Hopefully it shows up later!

The heightmap was made for 512x256 with a height of 40, though it should work at higher resolutions and be fine for all climates. I made sure to balance valleys with flats and mountains and islands.

Anyways, here is some screenshots from my play though before I corrupted my save messing with settings and adding/removing newgrfs.

I've also wiped up a scenario for it, Intended to be used with FIRS Temperate Basic, One nation has manufacturing, wile the other side has resources. One side is mostly coal, and one side is mostly iron. I suspect this could be a fun multiplayer scenario!

Incase I messed up the upload to bananas, here are the files.
Ari's Continental Border.png
Ari's Continental Border.png (20.43 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Ari's Continental Border.scn
(191.47 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Ari's Continental Border Cross Heightmap/Scenario

Post by Chrill »

Welcome, that's a strong first post!

I do love myself a game with islands, archipelagos, or larger bodies of water. Much like this. I will definitely do a playthrough of this one. Don't hesitate to check out my scenarios in the signature, they are older now but based on the same style of building!
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Ariexe
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] Ari's Continental Border Cross Heightmap/Scenario

Post by Ariexe »

Thanks! I think I will. I'm kind of inspired right now to make more unique scenarios based off generating terrain in game and exporting to further edit to keep that generated feel wile making some more realistic landforms. If I do Ill further post them here

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”