Planeset [version 1.5.3 released 2006-10-24]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you like the 'planespeed' switch?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2003 16:11

Yes
21%
No, planes go to fast
42%
You should be able to set percentage
38%

Total votes: 24

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Yes. I think I was asleep when I wrote that, and more asleep when I failed to test it.

It's fixed (as of 2006/03/30 ~1700 GMT), but I didn't actually make any noise about it. Probably should have, though.

If your version is dated 29/03/2006, it's still broken. If your version is dated 30/03/2006, it's the latest release.

(Why do I do that? I live in the US. I should be using middle-endian dates. Instead I swap back and forth between big-endian and little-endian.)
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I uploaded new files to the website tonight. Are they the right ones?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

They are.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

By the way: I think Grigory1 isn't mentioned in the Credits, or won't his work included in the Planeset?

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Updated the first post for you.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Spaceball wrote:By the way: I think Grigory1 isn't mentioned in the Credits, or won't his work included in the Planeset?
To my knowledge, Grigory's work is not included. *Yet*.

But thanks for reminding me to add him to the credits list for the next release.
superstarrw2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by superstarrw2 »

Please point me in the right direction, I'm going crazy (been searching for hours.) For Planeset installation it says, "Copy the "planesetw.grf" file to the "newgrf" directory in your TTD main dir. (TTD[Patch] DOS users: In this and the next step, remove the 'w' from planesetw.grf and newgrfw.cfg)

Where the crap is the "newgrf" directory? I don't see it.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If it doesn't exist, you have to create it.
Make it a subdirectory of whatever folder contains your TTD install.
superstarrw2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by superstarrw2 »

Fantastic, thanks. I'll give it a shot.
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

Maverick8 wrote:something wrong with an 225
the refitable options are wrong
An-225 Mriya it is updated 01.04.2006 for Win, OTTD, DOS it is compatible with Planeset and Extended Cargo Scheme (ECS)
Thanks DaleStan for the help in coding!
Attachments
an225_dos_gr.grf
Updated 01.04.2006 DOS
(16.48 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
an225_gr.grf
Updated 01.04.2006 Win, OTTD
(16.48 KiB) Downloaded 510 times
an225gr.PNG
an225gr.PNG (175.77 KiB) Viewed 5812 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Monkfeesh wrote:All the aircraft in my Planeset seem to have a double-speed aging problem. For example, a plane built in 1990 is displayed as being 10 years old in 1995 rather than 5 years old, and so on. They seem to age literally twice as fast as they should do.
DaleStan,

What was the fix to this problem? Apparently I've got the same issue with a road vehicle...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I have no clue. Patchman did some of his usual black magic, and the problem got fixed.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DaleStan wrote:I have no clue. Patchman did some of his usual black magic, and the problem got fixed.
Okay.

I can't reproduce the problem, so I'll just blame Dan and whatever archaic build of TTDP he's using. :)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

It was a bug in an old alpha version. Definitely fixed in the beta.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Athorium
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Athorium »

Someone can post the file to download? I no find it... In website appears 1.1 not 1.2... ^^
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

krtaylor wrote:If Lakie is working on the Patch, I'd probably rather he allowed us to pick different airport graphics like you can with train stations (I don't mean different layouts, just different graphics.
New layouts is the prority, once that is done, adding new graphics would be trivial. But there is no point to by-pass one and make the already difficialt one even more difficialt. So, even if someone does make it, you won't see it until after the next stable release because it would change a lot of how TTDpatch / TTD works. :)

[edit] Sorry about the slow folllowing, don't normally read this thread.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It does appear that the page did not get updated (Date: 30/Mar/2006, Version: 1.2, Patch Version: 2.5 beta 1), but the download is correct.

Or you could just check all posts in this thread dated March 29..March 31 (depending on your current timezone); there aren't that many.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is the most current version posted at the website? I'd heard there was still a bug in it and a new version was shortly forthcoming?
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Didn't I already answer that question? Let's see:
DaleStan wrote:If your version is dated 29/03/2006, it's still broken. If your version is dated 30/03/2006, it's the latest release.
And the date in the files (readme and grf) on the website is ...?
DaleStan wrote:the download is correct.
"was" is correct. There *was* a bug and a new version *was* forthcoming.
The bug got fixed and the new version forthcame.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, and then after that version, someone else posted complaining that there was still a bug. Maybe they were wrong and it's fine. Do you know for sure?

Return to “Graphics Development”