[OTTD] keoz's screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[OTTD] keoz's screenshots

Post by keoz »

Well here is my contribution to the general esthetical effort of the community :)

I have seen a lot of nice screenshots from a lot of people (was especially impressed by the ones of Badger or Ameecher, as well as others ...). So i stopped building huge unrealistics RORO stations and tried to enjoy a completely new kind of game. I'm also using CargoDist, which led me to search new ways to increase my network layout, in order to better balancing the traffic according to transportation demand.

Starting with Rorschach ... A hub between different lines, one to the nord-east, one to the east, one to the south-east. An airport has just been added to lower the passenger number going to the most distant and important cities, as Zürich or Bellinzona. An Airbus A300 is just leaving for Bulle. The city of Rorschach itself was divided in two parts, so i decided to put a local service between Frauenfeld, the Old city of Rorschach, with its cathedral (Rorschach Vieille Ville), and the new city (Rorschach Nouveau). A Metro-Cammell DMU provides the local services.
NewCFF, 1988-03-06.png
(379.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
The next one, Liestal. A little city, but two important lines are passing (and crossing) here. With cargodist, that means that a lot of people is transfering right there. I'm not completely satisfied by the layout of the north-west entrance of the station. Have to rework it.
NewCFF, 1988-03-31.png
(461.28 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Liestal has also an important industry, on the west of the city. A coal mine, and a refinery are exploited here. The gravel is send to Arosa's Brickworks in the north.
LiestalIndustries.png
LiestalIndustries.png (230.87 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
Obviously, all comments are welcome, and also advices and ideas. Specially about signals, i'm not sure i always use them as good as possible.
Last edited by keoz on 15 Jan 2014 18:03, edited 4 times in total.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] keoz's screenshots

Post by Chrill »

These are all pretty screens. What a way to begin your screenshot topic :) I like the local line in the first picture, the one not connected to the rest. It's pretty :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

A coal mine north of Liestal. Under it, passes a freight/passenger line. Traffic is quite low for now, I will double it into a fast/low 4 track later.
Coal.png
Coal.png (153.62 KiB) Viewed 9898 times
Romanshorn, on the Rorschach-Bellinzona line.
Romanshorn.png
Romanshorn.png (114.24 KiB) Viewed 9889 times
Last edited by keoz on 06 Dec 2009 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

And here the general layout of NewCFF, as it is in 1988, the game having been started in 1920. The blue-lines on the maps come from cargodist patch, and represent all the passenger connections.
NetworkLayout1.png
NetworkLayout1.png (26.32 KiB) Viewed 9887 times
NetworkLayout2.png
NetworkLayout2.png (25.96 KiB) Viewed 9887 times
And finally, for the interested, the GRF list. As you can see, i'm a great fan of PikkaBird's work ! Thanks to him, its aircraft are just amazing. I just dont understand the error given by the Bridge Renewal Set. Maybee somebody can give me some hint ?
GRFs.png
GRFs.png (7.06 KiB) Viewed 9887 times
Last edited by keoz on 06 Dec 2009 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
My screenshots thread.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's not really an error, more of an information. It's telling you that Total Town Replacement Bridges are unnecessary when Total Bridge Renewal Set is activated.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

Chrill wrote:It's not really an error, more of an information. It's telling you that Total Town Replacement Bridges are unnecessary when Total Bridge Renewal Set is activated.
Well, thank you. The weird thing, is that the bricks bridges desappear when I unload the Bridge GRF. Anyway.

The city of Rheinfelden

The Rheinfelden station was one of the first. It is situated on the Rorschach-Schlieren line.
Rheinfelden1.png
Rheinfelden1.png (161.66 KiB) Viewed 9858 times
North on the city, a Steel mill is serviced by several coal and iron ore freights. You may also notice the use of Mining Trucks (i really like HEQS) to bring coal from the mountains around the city.
Rheinfelden2.png
Rheinfelden2.png (107.71 KiB) Viewed 9877 times
Trains also come from the east region, using the north-east entrance:
Rheinfelden3.png
Rheinfelden3.png (109.77 KiB) Viewed 9877 times
My screenshots thread.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Would you mind providing the (link to) binary that you are using for CargoDist? Could you also upload a sav?
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

ISA wrote:Hmmm... Tunnel under coal mine, that's interesting :P
If you look, the tunnel isn't actually under the main mine area - it's under the station :-)

Coal mines are pretty deep, too - so we can probably assume that there's a shaft under the mine, and the coal tunnels are a lot deeper than the train tunnels.
Jon
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

ISA wrote:Hmmm... Tunnel under goal mine, that's interesting :P
I actually think it looks neat and very organized.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

audigex wrote:
ISA wrote:Hmmm... Tunnel under coal mine, that's interesting :P
If you look, the tunnel isn't actually under the main mine area - it's under the station :-)

Coal mines are pretty deep, too - so we can probably assume that there's a shaft under the mine, and the coal tunnels are a lot deeper than the train tunnels.
Yes, actually the tunnels are under the station, not directly under the coal mine. But have to admit that I didn't think about it :P Well, for the moment, the station didn't crash ! Hope the mining operations will not cause any problem ...
petert wrote:Would you mind providing the (link to) binary that you are using for CargoDist? Could you also upload a sav?
Actually, I'm not using binaries. I compile OTTD (under gentoo linux) using the git repository of fonso. The version used in this game :

Code: Select all

keikoz@kgentoo ~/jeux/openttd/openttd-cargodist $ ./findversion.sh
g04c1cf67-origin/cargodist      17967   0       g04c1cf67
And a sav, if you want to watch it:
NewCFF, 1988-07-07.sav
(583.58 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
My screenshots thread.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

keoz wrote:Actually, I'm not using binaries. I compile OTTD (under gentoo linux) using the git repository of fonso. The version used in this game :
Then could you provide a zip/rar file with the openttd.exe and such (the bin folder will do) so I can open the save? I will get an error if I use a nightly.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

petert wrote:
keoz wrote:Actually, I'm not using binaries. I compile OTTD (under gentoo linux) using the git repository of fonso. The version used in this game :
Then could you provide a zip/rar file with the openttd.exe and such (the bin folder will do) so I can open the save? I will get an error if I use a nightly.
Hi,

I could provide you the executable binary i built (not exactly an ".exe", this extension is not used under *nix systems, or better said, the extension doesn't matter), but it won't work under Windows. Even if you try under some other linux distro, it will probably not work, since I compile it against libraries which are changing under each Linux distro. I could built a static binary for Windows, I suppose, but I absolutely don't know how to do it. If I find a simple way, I'll do it.
My screenshots thread.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Oh yes, silly me. You could upload it, and I could test it against Ubuntu...
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

There is probably a compiled version in the CargoDist topic that is close enough to be able to load the savegame no?

I can't follow git's version numbers, so a date when you got it from git might be helpful (at least to me :P )
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

petert wrote:Oh yes, silly me. You could upload it, and I could test it against Ubuntu...
No, it can't work, since the libraries aren't exactly the same.

Try it by yourself, here is the binary. Don't forget to chmod 755 it and to launch it with "./openttd" (from the repository where you put it):

http://keikoz.free.fr/openttd
John wrote:There is probably a compiled version in the CargoDist topic that is close enough to be able to load the savegame no?

I can't follow git's version numbers, so a date when you got it from git might be helpful (at least to me :P )
Well, the binary was compiled on the 7 november:

Code: Select all

keikoz@kgentoo ~/jeux/openttd/openttd-cargodist/bin $ ls -l openttd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 keikoz users 4947207 2009-11-07 18:59 openttd
That means I took it from the fonso's repository this day. Quite an old version (now) but I'm on this game since a lot (and have a social life 8) )
My screenshots thread.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

I see it's a large hassle, I will admire your screenies just like they are now.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

Petert, all you need is a version of CargoDist not far after that (which hopefully doesn't have any savegame bump) and you'll be able to load the saved game.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Unfortunately, I've given up on using git, so I only use patched builds, which probably have the savegame bump.
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

petert wrote:Unfortunately, I've given up on using git, so I only use patched builds, which probably have the savegame bump.
Like I said, look through the CargoDist topic:

here is a nice build from the 7th November, http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=830454#p830454

Both the linked build and keoz's build are when trunk was r17967. Chances are they will both load the save games. If not, there is a build from the 8th nov on the next page which might do the job as well...

Return to “Screenshots”