[OTTD] Ivan Furlanis' screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[OTTD] Ivan Furlanis' screenshots

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Hi! It's my first post here, I'm Ivan Furlanis from Padova, Italy. I got the original, glorious Transport Tycoon years ago and now, after discovering OTTD, I resumed it and I started to play again with a lot of enthusiasm. I played some short-lived games to refresh memory and now I've just completed the first two years of the Game with the big G. I found a heightmap somewhere here in the forum, I worked it a little with photoshop setting the size at 1024 x 1024, I added a lot of towns and industries (using the ECS) manually, and go! I'm using the American Transition set starting from 1920. My goal is, more than make money (i cannot spend OTTD $ in real life :wink: ), to build a very efficient railway network. I try to be as realistic as possible in track laying, so no 90° turns, steep gradients, big railroads junctions, etc. etc. For the same reason, I started with all the towns and cities linked by an essential road network suggesting the existence of private road traffic.

At present I'm at the end of the 1921 and my company, the Grandunion Railroad, has three disconnected (at the moment) railways and a city trolley line. The first line opened is the logging railroad Crossroads & Fairhope between the two onynomous villages, operated by one Shay-powered train. Then a subsidised passenger line (Padova & Western) has started to run between Padova and the nearby town of Southport. In Padova (2000 inhabitants) a trolley line is in service to connect the various parts of the city, divided in three by two rivers. Finally, another subsidised link (Blakeley RR) has been created between an iron ore mine and a steel mill. Here is some screenshots:
Attachments
General overview of the Crossroads & Fairhope.
General overview of the Crossroads & Fairhope.
Crossrds-and-Fairhope-1921.png (459.67 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
Padova-1921.png
Partial view of Padova with the terminal of the Padova & Western and the trolley line.
(891.74 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
The Blakeley RR.
The Blakeley RR.
Blakeley-RR-1921.png (466.24 KiB) Viewed 1472 times
Last edited by ivanfurlanis on 18 Jul 2008 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
BTA90
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Grandunion RR

Post by BTA90 »

That's also what I try to, to build realistic networks, rather than to make money. Of course a network is efficient if it makes profit, but that not my goal. In the map I've made, which is found here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=36991, I usually make my way into a town. Nice shots anyway!
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Two years later, another short industrial line was added between Crossroads sawmill and a furniture factory in Winfield. For realism, I connected with a junction this new line (at right) with the older Crossroads & Fairhope (at left) as would be in reality.

Attachments
Crossroads Jct
Crossroads Jct
Crossroads-1923.png (126.33 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
Nivlheim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nivlheim »

Nice screens!

(And Padova is a lovely city in real life too :) )
My GRFs:
NH Foundations v0.1 - Foundation replacements
NH Train Depot v0.1
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Very nice. But in that last screenshot, what GRF is that sawmill from?
Toch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toch »

it is ECS from George
-----------------------Screenshots of my game-----------------------
Winner of 4th, 5th, 6th round of TT - Screenshot Competition
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Thanks!
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Ivan Furlanis' screenshots

Post by ivanfurlanis »

As I started to discover new wonderful graphics, I decided to quit the game shown above and to play more with the Scenario Editor. In the meantime I'm playing a little with the Polopolis map reworked a month ago with some roads between towns and more industries. In this new game, called Rylesvalley Railway (RyRy) I'm using the Canadian trainset; its narrow gauge trains are very useful for logging lines running between mountains. There, I managed also to create a working swithback :D:

Loco 0232 is pulling a logging train from the Lakesbay forest up to the lumber mill.
Attachments
Loco 0232 is pulling a logging train from the Lakesbay forest up to the lumber mill.
RyRy-Lakesbay-1911.png (230.83 KiB) Viewed 2519 times
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

double message deleted
Last edited by ivanfurlanis on 19 Jul 2008 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

A view of Rylesvalley, scenario's main city, and its station. In origin it was built in terminal configuration with two lines leading to the nearby towns of Minning and North Minning. Then, I realized that the terminal was not the best solution for operation, so now works are in progress to transform it in a through station.

Work in progress at Rylesvalley. The northbound passenger train is heading for North Minning and it's running on the old line as the new one is not finished, yet.
Attachments
Work in progress at Rylesvalley. The northbound passenger train is heading for North Minning and it's running on the old line as the new one is not finished, yet.
RyRy-Rylesvalley-1912.png (98.52 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

You don't need to post the same pic 3 times.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

28th July 1912: the new Rylesvalley trackplan has just been completed.

You can see the first train running on the new alignment to North Minning. The two towers control the access from south to the through tracks (Tower 1) or the bay tracks (tower 2). By the way, is it possible to build multi-tracks waypoints?
Attachments
RyRy-Rylesvalley-1912-07.png (143.74 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Badger wrote:You don't need to post the same pic 3 times.
Sorry, I posted twice the same message for mistake :oops:. But I don't understand why when I post a message with an attachment this doesn't appear automatically like, for example, on your screens: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=31501
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Images over a certain size (I think 800x600 pixels) do not appear in line.
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Yes, with 800x600 it works! Thank you Ameecher.

Fen City in 1916: the city is the terminal of the mainline coming from Rylesvalley. From here passengers can take the streetcar to reach the 8th Street station to catch the newly built interurban to Burry Fen. But now I'm asking to myself why the interurban doesn't arrive at Fen City main station :?
Attachments
RyRy-FenCity-1916.png
RyRy-FenCity-1916.png (162.42 KiB) Viewed 11594 times
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

Let's take a trip over most of the RyRy lines. We start at Skeltonham, a nice village, where we take a Birney trolley to North Minning station. The trolley line passes under the narrow gauge railroad that links the North Minning coal mine with the Nudston Fen power plant (we'll see later :wink:)
Attachments
Probably we'll loose that train in North Minning station, but it isn't a problem: the RyRy provides a frequent service here!
Probably we'll loose that train in North Minning station, but it isn't a problem: the RyRy provides a frequent service here!
RyRy-NMinning-1925.png (155.81 KiB) Viewed 11367 times
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

We've managed to take that train! Now we're arriving at the busy Rylesvalley station where we'll get off to take an intercity train to Fen City. Now Rylesvalley has three urban streetcar routes (numbered 1, 2 and 4) and a suburban route (number 30) to Stipwich.
Attachments
You can see the old alignment of the railroad to North Minning, abandoned years ago but never dismantled as well a trolley in service on route 30.
You can see the old alignment of the railroad to North Minning, abandoned years ago but never dismantled as well a trolley in service on route 30.
RyRy-Rylesvalley-1925.png (143.4 KiB) Viewed 11315 times
Toch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Toch »

Good screenes i like your grf choose, all looks so "brown" and it is nice !
-----------------------Screenshots of my game-----------------------
Winner of 4th, 5th, 6th round of TT - Screenshot Competition
ivanfurlanis
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ivanfurlanis »

The express to Fen City doesn't stop at Stipwich, but today has been slowed by the mail train to Fen City...
Attachments
Busy minutes at Stipwich. Note the mail train entering the Stipwich tunnel, while on track 3 is stopping the train we took in North Minning heading northwest to Minning. Our train is approaching track 2.
Busy minutes at Stipwich. Note the mail train entering the Stipwich tunnel, while on track 3 is stopping the train we took in North Minning heading northwest to Minning. Our train is approaching track 2.
RyRy-Stipwitch-1925.png (153.17 KiB) Viewed 11269 times

Return to “Screenshots”