[OTTD] Hyronymus' screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Hyronymus' screenshots

Post by Hyronymus »

Just a quick post: an experimental Mat '24 passenger train is heading towards Heerhugowaard. It's pulling 2 coaches and a local mail van. It's bound for Vlissingen and will receive a subsidy once it reaches Vlissingen.

Predictions are that all local steam trains will be replaced by electric local trains if the Mat '24 proofs it's value.
Attachments
NedTrans NV, 21-04-1925.png
(291.4 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

After an allergic reaction from wiping the dust of this topic I proudly present you a screenshot of a beautiful Dutch steam locomotive with dito coaches.
Attachments
Nederlands Vervoersbedrijf, 25 Mrt 1907.png
(261.69 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Your company has 257 trains, your screenshot shows 4 trains. 253 more to go. Keep them coming. :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:Your company has 257 trains, your screenshot shows 4 trains. 253 more to go. Keep them coming. :mrgreen:
My company grew. At first there was the tranquille beauty of the countryside...
Nederlands Vervoersbedrijf, 24 Nov 1907.png
(178.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
... and then my surveyors spotted a nice business plan (and peace was gone).
Nederlands Vervoersbedrijf, 2 Jun 1908.png
(185.76 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
DeMoraatz2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeMoraatz2 »

Those pictures would look so much better with trees on em. ;)
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Your company director looks like Eugene Levy :lol:
DeMoraatz2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeMoraatz2 »

Just noticed: Vuilendam en Slappeterp. Is there some funny-dutch-town-names-GRF you use?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

DeMoraatz wrote:Just noticed: Vuilendam en Slappeterp. Is there some funny-dutch-town-names-GRF you use?
I use one with real Dutch town names, coincidently released by moi. You can find it here: http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file.php?id=161895
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Vuilendma is the place were all failed Tros artists go to?

Nice screens!
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I decided to start a new game for a few reasons:
- my previous game was started with an old FIRS version that misplaced sugar farms
- I believe I gave up too early on playing with the normal level of property maintenance
- for some odd reason I was still ising eGRVTS 1.0 (call me stupid)!

Fortunately I struck gold twice but let's have a view at the pristine city of Den Haag. I only just finished my company headquarters!
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 1 Jan 1800.png
(386.22 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
To the east there are 3 iron ore mines and 1 productive forest, those will spark the fire in the metal works to the south. I also noticed a produce plantation which can provide produce to mr. Albert Heijn, located down Main Street. It took me a while to establish a traffic jam-less approach to the metal works and soon I found Mr. Heijn has trouble selling all the produce (is that a bug in FIRS by the way or is there a hidden stockpile?).
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 24 Feb 1804.png
(457.47 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Further south-east in my lovely nation I spotted fishing grounds close to a small vilage called Hankate and a harbour just a few miles further. With the refit option after unloading I choose to set-up a route with fresh fish from the fishing grounds back with food to the local grocery store. Mr. Simon de Wit has no trouble at all with selling food. Or is it' the cool wind from the lake that makes people eat more.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 27 Feb 1804.png
(220.03 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
DeMoraatz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeMoraatz »

Looks stunning!
Resistance is futile!!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I'm on fire :). I spotted a competitor's road between two far away cities and quite some interesting industries fairly next to it:
- 1 sawmill
- 3 sheep farms
- 1 textile mill
I also noticed I could ship off the goods from the textile mill to the city of Kraloo, only a few blocks away from the textile mill. At the risk os setting up a route while target secundary industries close down I ended up with a busy route in a rather large area for early road vehicles.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 4 Jan 1821.png
(481.99 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
As you can see, early road vehicles do the trick and are hopelessly under capacity of their job at the same time. With 32 flatbed horse carriages servicing the route from the forest to the sawmill I have a staggering stockpile waiting to be transported.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 4 Jan 1821#1.png
(462.53 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Fortunately by sawmill runs steadily allowing me 6 flatbed horse carriages to transport timber to a timber fatory which appeared right after I connected the sawmill.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 4 Jan 1821#2.png
(463.25 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Next on my to-do list is paying of my debt and preparing for vehicles pulled my a steam engine over rails. Rumours are that a bloke called Stephenson is cooking up a design in the UK!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

New content of my newly constructed intercity line between 4 realtively close-by cities! Let's start with an overview:
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 13 Mei 1851.png
(585.08 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Starting at Telgt the line runs to Brunsting over a flat plain. After Brunsting there is a river though and some hills that need negotiating. As a competitor laid some roads earlier on I decided to run my trains as close to the road as I could while keeping en eye out for special constructions.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 13 Mei 1851#1.png
(529.93 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 13 Mei 1851#3.png
(507.73 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
After the hills the track is flat again going towards Grou where my engineers found enough space to fit a station between the brewery and the city housing. Sadly me engineers prefer trains and significantly road vehicle handling. A firm word is needed.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 13 Mei 1851#4.png
(540.29 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Lastly, Geulhem is reached. Crossing a wildlife resort with a bridge wasn't the local preference but some bribery pays off. In the process I managed to dismiss of a farm truck stop and combined it with Geulhem train station, delivering me a marginal profit on property maintenance.
Nederlandsch Vervoersbedrijf, 13 Mei 1851#5.png
(466.15 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Except for Telgt (too small yet) I also introduced coach services in all the cities I went through. This is to improve my rating a bit faster and coincindentally to make more money.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

How did you get more than 3 attachments in that post? :o
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

if you post 2x in a row you can get a auto-merge?

that or he cheated with his moderation powers
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

You know, there is the "zoomed-in screenshot" in the ?-menu, where you can have overview screenshots like the first one, but with full detail? (also this hides all the sticky windows from the screenshot, even if not zoomed out)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Good day! Good screenshots :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1800.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1800.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
January 1st 1800 sees the birth of the Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming (The Hague Stagecoach Company), a company led by H. Nymus with a borrowed starting capital of NLG 400.000,00. All is peaceful in the streets of Den Haag (The Hague) when the HPO commences the construction of a local stage coach service between the Holy Johannes de Deo hospital and the dairy factory. Although not deemed profitable by the director of HPO this local service was demanded by the mayor to allow HPO to deploy industrial services to aforementioned dairy factory and a nearby iron furnace.

EDIT:
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 10 Feb 1800.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 10 Feb 1800.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1546 times
Horses o'can? Everyone wonders where all those horses came from! HPO started with a single omnibus in Den Haag with three stops. H. Nymus took the liberty to bring his omnibus to the dairy workers near the lake thus hoping to make the mandatory omnibus somewhat less unprofitable. Meanwhile the first freight loads are picked up and dropped off at the iron furnace and dairy factory. With a first investment of roughly NLG 203.000,00 in road surfaces, stables, loading docks, carriages and horses everyone is anxious to see HPO make profit.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The first 4 years of business went well. Contrary to expectations the citizens of Den Haag love their coaches with people lining up every day. Word is that larger coaches are being considered but the pure affection of mr. Nymus still is freight despite the branching of an omnibus service in nearby Rietveld. In total 4 omnibuses serve two cities whilst 86 freight carts supply nearby industries and 1 remote fishery owned by a relative. To satisfy speedy food delivery HPO even set sail!
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1804.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1804.png (800.23 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1804#1.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 1 Jan 1804#1.png (791.89 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

After the first locomotives have arrived a whole range of new oppurtunities lies ahead. Recognising this potential the community of Venlo approached HPO to survey the cotton farms and textile mill already served by HPO. Key question is how to turn this fertile land into a railroad network without exceeding company budget and cutting down too many trees whilst also managing the elevation. Although a lovely piece of engineering the "Arend" class steam engines are considered to be too weak to climb a hill when pulling fully loaded cars.
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 21 Mrt 1844.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 21 Mrt 1844.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1545 times
Keep checking for the end result! Worth noting: HPO currently has a networth of NLG 19.000.000 and an accumulated amount of money of NLG 8.139.144.

EDIT:
The engineers are happy, HPO is happy, Venlo isn't. I due time a development near the sand pit will be made to support nearby industry.
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 26 Feb 1845.png
Haagsche Postkoets Onderneming, 26 Feb 1845.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1545 times

Return to “Screenshots”