Modifying Production of Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Jewnior
Engineer
Engineer

Modifying Production of Industries

Post by Jewnior »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a couple improvements I'd like to make to my Locomotion Experience.

I understand that by having multiple unique stations each with multiple loading stations can increase the production of raw material production. What I'd like to do is figure out how to change the .dat file for those industries to disallow the "Decrease Production" part, so that it can only increase. I have LocoTool, but when I go to change the values, there is no command line for the 'candecreaseprod = 1' or whatever. Can anyone offer some tips?

Also, this may be off topic, but I just got Windows 7 and it does not allow me to .zip any file in a folder that I don't have authority to or some such BS. How am I supposed to backup a file or add it to .rar archive in case I mess something up and want to revert to the original?

Cheers,

Jewnior
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Modifying Production of Industries

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Jewnior wrote:I understand that by having multiple unique stations each with multiple loading stations can increase the production of raw material production. What I'd like to do is figure out how to change the .dat file for those industries to disallow the "Decrease Production" part, so that it can only increase. I have LocoTool, but when I go to change the values, there is no command line for the 'candecreaseprod = 1' or whatever. Can anyone offer some tips? Jewnior

Welcome to the forums !

I guess you didn't look hard enough...Almost at the beginning in the XML you can find these 2 lines:

Code: Select all

<bit name="canincreaseproduction">1</bit>
		<bit name="candecreaseproduction">0</bit>
If you set "canincreaseproduction" to 1, and "candecreaseproduction" to zero it will keep increasing the production...

Good luck !

Erik
Drengin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Drengin »

Windows 7 is a pig in a playpen when it comes to things like that. The easiest work around is to copy the file from the locomotion directory and place it in your documents folder. You should then be able to make any changes you need to it and move it back once you have finished.
To copy the contents of Objdata just navigate to the folder and hit CTRL+A, then CTRL+C
Go to your documents folder and create a new folder called backup loco (or whatever) and hit CTRL+V to paste in the contents into the new folder. This is then your backup folder in case any changes you make to Objdata go wrong.
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

This is one of the first mods around,
Loewe13 made all factories so that they only increase production and can be build in game for very low cost.

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... dustry+mod
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Jewnior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jewnior »

Oh, I found it. Those .dat file names are tricky. I was looking at LATEX.dat instead of RUBBER.dat for the NAM Rubber Factory that produces...latex.
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Jewnior wrote:Oh, I found it. Those .dat file names are tricky. I was looking at LATEX.dat instead of RUBBER.dat for the NAM Rubber Factory that produces...latex.
My Rubber-Factory is called RUBBFACT.DAT and it doesn't produce latex but rubber. Latex must be delivered there together with chemicals in order to make it produce rubber :lol:
Jewnior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jewnior »

Yeah. I get tunnel vision looking at all that code and all those .dat files. But thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.

Jewnior

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”