Joker's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Joker's Patch Pack

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Last edited by KeldorKatarn on 24 Mar 2019 20:25, edited 20 times in total.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Joker's Patch Pack

Post by nihues »

Hello :)

You forgot to show the feature video of this patchpack, really interesting!

I am trying to compile on linux, if someone can help to make it work, it fails (I'm not a programmer, dunno how to do it):

Code: Select all

EDIT this one I made compile, and others errors... but stopped on post below.

Joker can't help, only windows side:
Last edited by nihues on 13 Jan 2016 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

I'm getting this now compiling on linux, if someone can help... I'ill compile on linux and post the binary.

Code: Select all

[SRC] Compiling terraform_cmd.cpp
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp: In function ‘void ptv(TemplateVehicle*)’:
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:58:111: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(), tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                               ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:58:132: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(), tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                                                    ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:61:110: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(),  tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                              ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:61:131: error: cast from ‘TemplateVehicle*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
  printf("eid:%3d  st:%2d  tv:%x  next:%x  cargo: %d  cargo_sub: %d\n", tv->engine_type, tv->subtype, (uint32)tv, (uint32)tv->Next(),  tv->cargo_type, tv->cargo_subtype);
                                                                                                                                   ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp: In function ‘void pvt(const Train*)’:
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:67:84: error: cast from ‘const Train*’ to ‘uint {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
    printf("train has weird index: %d %d %x\n", tmp->index, tmp->engine_type, (uint)tmp);
                                                                                    ^
/home/nihues/Downloads/OpenTTD_PatchPack-master_joker/src/tbtr_template_vehicle_func.cpp:70:202: error: cast from ‘const Train*’ to ‘uint32 {aka unsigned int}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
   printf("eid:%3d  index:%2d  subtype:%2d  vehstat: %d  cargo_t: %d   cargo_sub: %d  ref:%x\n", tmp->engine_type, tmp->index, tmp->subtype, tmp->vehstatus, tmp->cargo_type, tmp->cargo_subtype, (uint32)tmp);
                                                                                                                                                                                                          ^
[SRC] Compiling terraform_gui.cpp
[SRC] Compiling textbuf.cpp
make[1]: ** [tbtr_template_vehicle_func.o] Erro 1

Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello Keldor,
I have more than one error, the original source code from your trunk, after ./configure and make the following errors occur:
Attachments
fehler.jpg
fehler.jpg (177.4 KiB) Viewed 40751 times
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

As I mentioned, I haven't tested any other platforms or compilers. If you can figure it out or fix it go ahead. But I can't maintain different platforms and compilers for this, I don't have the time.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

Streckenläufer wrote:Hello Keldor,
I have more than one error, the original source code from your trunk, after ./configure and make the following errors occur:
I've had the same problem, and googled it, after that more 5-6 errors came... then I stopped at my post above yours... need to change something more complex for me, so I'm waiting someone to figure out :)

don't have the changed files now, tomorrow I can send you.

@KeldorKatarn Found a bug, if drag the new semaphore to a bridge (possible tunnel too) openttd crashes.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Thanks I'll check for that.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Fixed the logic signal dragging issue and also fixed another problem with them not evaluating and setting states correctly.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Version 1.12.6 is up
huub007
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huub007 »

Hi,
Great pack, but I do have a request
Could you add the Terminus Airport Patch and extra large maps patch?

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73976
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 37&start=0#
fayn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fayn »

where is the station rating adjustment setting? i cant find it and with the original rating system the game is unplayable.
lcd_47
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lcd_47 »

For what it's worth: you need to add overlay_cmd.cpp to source.list, otherwise compiling from a fresh clone from GitHub fails.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Now supports having 32 rail types active at the same time instead of 16. I found an unused bit on the tilemap structure.

@JGR, as always you might want to steal this one :) The commits are are from the last two days, should be easy to track them down. I think it's only two commits. One adding the feature, one fixing bugs and making sure loading additional ones during a running game via NewGRF doesn't break everything.
MysticSound
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MysticSound »

Are you still updating this patchpack? Love it btw. :)
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Unknown Cause of Crash

Post by Translink »

Every time I open up my savegame I get the following message:

Assertion failed at line 123 of c:\users\andreas\documents\visual studio 2013\openttd\src\track_fun.h:IsValidTrackdir(trackdir)

Could anyone please translate this into English? How do I fix this problem

Btw, my name is not Andreas, so I don't know what it is even doing there...
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unknown Cause of Crash

Post by Leanden »

It looks to me that you are trying to open a saved game from a patched copy of openttd in a trunk version and its attempting to call a function that doesnt exist in trunk.

Is this isolated to a single saved game file? Can you share it here?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Leanden wrote:It looks to me that you are trying to open a saved game from a patched copy of openttd in a trunk version and its attempting to call a function that doesnt exist in trunk.
The assert statement is really in a function that exists, or it would not get called and fail :)

@Translink:
Official openttd versions don't use "andreas" afaik (the path there is where the source file was located at the system while making the executable), so you must be running either a self-built version (unlikely, as you don't know where "andreas" came from, so it's not a file system path at your machine), or you are running a randomly downloaded openttd version from somewhere.

Assuming the latter is the case, I'd suggest you ask there about this problem.

For the future, if you use patched versions, please indicate that as such, so we don't have to reverse-engineer that information.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I was actually referring to Trackfun.h :D
adf88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by adf88 »

In any case, a savegame cannot call a function :p
:] don't worry, be happy and checkout my patches
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Leanden wrote:I was actually referring to Trackfun.h :D
It's no fun, those tracks :D
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”