[Request/bug?] Scenarios & NewGRF's in 1.1.0

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Request/bug?] Scenarios & NewGRF's in 1.1.0

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

a bug/revert/request:

Ever since 1.1.0 the newgrf loading is changed. When previously it loaded the scenario first and then returned an error about newgrf's it now first scans the newgrf's and will prohibit loading if not all files are present

i suggest to add another feature / revert this behaviour so you can load a scenario in the scenario-editor to remove some of the newgrf's that are applied (eg industries or even something as easy as a trainset or townset) that doesnt "have" to be there...

i think it is quite a pain to find the non-banana's contents on some of the scenario's i find on the forums, and where 1.0.5 allows me to remove these "unwanted" NewGRF's, 1.1.0 forces me to find the content & download/add it before being able to remove them again.....
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: [Request/bug?] Scenarios & NewGRF's in 1.1.0

Post by planetmaker »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote: Ever since 1.1.0 the newgrf loading is changed. When previously it loaded the scenario first and then returned an error about newgrf's it now first scans the newgrf's and will prohibit loading if not all files are present

i suggest to add another feature / revert this behaviour so you can load a scenario in the scenario-editor to remove some of the newgrf's that are applied (eg industries or even something as easy as a trainset or townset) that doesnt "have" to be there...

i think it is quite a pain to find the non-banana's contents on some of the scenario's i find on the forums, and where 1.0.5 allows me to remove these "unwanted" NewGRF's, 1.1.0 forces me to find the content & download/add it before being able to remove them again.....
*yawn*

Use the search function.

And no, it's not a bug, it's a bug fix. Removing newgrfs from a running game (and a scenario is without exageration 100% the same thing), leads to all kind of undefined behaviour. Especially and most of all for those kind of newgrf types you mention.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

wasnt a problem before and ive "converted/stripped" some scenario's already, but my bad then.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The same search would also give you the answer to why and where there's the difference between "worked for me (most of the time)" and "is supposed to work that way" and "broken by design".
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

planetmaker wrote:The same search would also give you the answer to why and where there's the difference between "worked for me (most of the time)" and "is supposed to work that way" and "broken by design".
yeah close/remove the topic, ty

Return to “OpenTTD Development”