Cargo Distribution

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

huldu
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Cargo Distribution

Post by huldu »

Thanks for your build terkhan
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Yes, thanks Terhken. :-)
Scay
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scay »

bulb wrote:
bokkie wrote:You might take a look at http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=824715#p824715 . I haven't tested it though. If something is possible in NewGRF, please do it that way because NewGRF's will keep working in a few years where patches often don't because they're not updated or included in trunk.
If you have spare time and know how to code, please try to update the auto-seperate part of ITIM (headway stuff) to latest cargodist. Many people, including me, will enjoy that I believe. The other things in ITIM are nice as well but IMO less needed. Maybe Magicbuzz's original patch is easier to update because of it's narrower focus.
ITIM is a beast. But there is another patch for timetable separation, that does just that and applies to cargodist just fine. Here is the thread: Timetable based separation patch and attached is the patch against recent cargodist. I applied it some time ago and than just kept rebasing it on top of newer cargodist, so there may happen to be newer version in the thread with some bugs fixed.

I should add, that I downloaded a version based on trunk revision r17097 from somewhere in the middle of that thread and the first post does not even have that, so I don't consider the existence of newer bugfixes that much likely.
Really nice work! Any chance you can upload a proper win32 build? I always have problems setting up the necessary stuff to get it done myself...
Thanks again! :D
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

might cargodist be put into svn at some point? Right now it is... hard to use it and other patches together.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

neg wrote:might cargodist be put into svn at some point? Right now it is... hard to use it and other patches together.
Are you asking when CargoDist should be put into trunk (SVN is just a program)? Probably not soon, since it's not finished...
Scay wrote:Really nice work! Any chance you can upload a proper win32 build? I always have problems setting up the necessary stuff to get it done myself...
Thanks again! :D
Are you asking for a clean build of CargoDist? You can find the latest version by Terkhen earlier in this thread... (Back 1-2 pages)
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

You can, of course, also use my patchpack, which is based on CargoDist.
If some of the patches you're having trouble combining with CargoDist are also in the pack, then it's also a good thing to check out.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Well, actually, I did use the pack once, but it kept crashing at a certain point(forgot to save crash data). I like patching exactly what I want better anyway.

And on cargodist, I mean converted to svn format.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

I doubt it'll be moved to SVN, but if you look here (http://fickzoo.com/fonsinchen/patches/current/) and download the trunk-cargodist patch, you can apply that against the trunk SVN revision that it gives in the TRUNK_REVISION.txt at the top of the page (Note, you'll need to use -p1 instead of -p0).
That's how I make the base of the back.
And if you're having trouble with the pack, please report it - I can't fix it if people don't tell me!
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Gremnon wrote:And if you're having trouble with the pack, please report it - I can't fix it if people don't tell me!
How will you fix it? I compiled your pack with GCC and not MSVC so there will be no crashlog generated.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

This is why people explain what they did at the time, etc. If it's reproducable, I will reproduce it, track down, identify, and fix the problem.
Also, other people are capable of compiling on their own, and may indeed have compiled it themselves, so anyone who has done it with GCC will be able to.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi!
Gremnon told me to post my problem here too:

I have a problem, if I want to load my savegame the game crashes. Im using a cargodist OTTD, exatcly this, version r17837M. Other savegames are loaded correctly, so, not the OTTD version is the source of the problem. I play this game for over 300 years, and the previous savegames loading for a few (2-4) minute, but after that, everything is correct, I think the high amount of cargo and passengers is the cause of the long loading time, but now, the game loading for a longer time, and then crash with this error: Image
What is causing the problem? Ok, the lot of cargoes with destinations, but why doesn't the OTTD continue loading?
I don't know it's the OTTD build's prolem or not, but the newer versions can't load any other savegames what created with r17837M.
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

Link to savegame here.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Um, you really should have taken a photo of the Window behind it, since that mentions the line number that it crashed upon.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

All 3 error windows shows the same.
Sometimes the OTTD just stops and does not show any error, sometimes I got 3 error windows, so I don't understand the logic of the program...
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

Oh? I was mistaken then. Was this a binary you made or got here at this thread?
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

It's made by you, the link is in my previous pre comment. Link.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

colossal404 wrote:It's made by you, the link is in my previous pre comment. Link.
A build made with GCC (like mine) don't provide Windows crashlogs. I'm trying to figure out MSVC++ so there are some good Windows crashlogs for CargoDist. Can you try to see if it crashes again taking note of what you were doing? Maybe use a build by Terkhen (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=840193#p840193) so you have crashlogs?
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

When I try to load the savegami with that version it gives me an error: Invalid chunk size. :?
tsjook
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tsjook »

colossal404 wrote:When I try to load the savegami with that version it gives me an error: Invalid chunk size. :?
Alas there's no savagame compatibility between versions.

Your game may be unresqueable (is that a word?). Maybe someone else who has petert's version installed (hint: petert himself) could try to open and re-save your savegame?
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

You don't have to have it installed, just have it extracted somewhere. Also, what would me saving the savegame do exactly?

Return to “OpenTTD Development”