S60v3 port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Re: S60v3 port

Post by wolf »

toxaris wrote:As far as I can see I miss the file "generictrams_v0.4.grf" in Data folder, where can I find that file?
This is extra file. You can find it on grfcrawler or maybe in the in-game content download menu. If you want it, that is.
When I start the game the game starts to load for a few seconds (1/3 of the loading bar) after that I end up in the meny again.
Please post contents of e:\openttd.txt file here.
toxaris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by toxaris »

wolf wrote:
toxaris wrote:As far as I can see I miss the file "generictrams_v0.4.grf" in Data folder, where can I find that file?
wolf wrote:This is extra file. You can find it on grfcrawler or maybe in the in-game content download menu. If you want it, that is.
So its not needed then? And OPENTTD.TXT is not created.
Any idea why its not working then?
I can add that I have C2Doom installed also and someone mention that some of the components need for C2Doom could mess it up with TTD.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

So its not needed then?
No, you can do just fine without it.
And OPENTTD.TXT is not created.
Some stack problems maybe. Wait for the next build.
I can add that I have C2Doom installed also and someone mention that some of the components need for C2Doom could mess it up with TTD.
That was true some time ago, when SDL library was dynamically loaded. If you have any recent build (anything that was released since a year ago) you shouldn't have problems related to simultaneous install of OpenTTD and C2Doom.
toxaris
Engineer
Engineer

Post by toxaris »

wolf wrote:
So its not needed then?
No, you can do just fine without it.
And OPENTTD.TXT is not created.
Some stack problems maybe. Wait for the next build.
That was true some time ago, when SDL library was dynamically loaded. If you have any recent build (anything that was released since a year ago) you shouldn't have problems related to simultaneous install of OpenTTD and C2Doom.

Ok, thx for your support, I'll stay tuned for next build. Keep up the good work.
Alexx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alexx »

Hi.

I'm really enjoying your port on my N97, but there are a 2 small problems. First of all the qwerty doesn't work at all. The only key that seems to do anything is backspace which closes all windows. It would be nice if the full qwerty was supported. Also the d-pad moves the mouse rather than the screen. I guess it makes sense since this is a port for non-touch screen phones port but it would be nice if the d-pad would control the screen on s60v5 phones.

Anyway thank you so much for this port. I play it almost every day :)
syahbudinnoor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by syahbudinnoor »

How to move the landscape for Nokia E63?Can you help me? ?(
alcides
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alcides »

Hello

I was very excited when I found that openttd was ported to symbian. Too bad I can't get it working on my phone =(

It's a nokia E61. Searching on the net it seems previous versions worked, but lately I only get a "System error" message.

I got it working on my wife's N95, looks great!

If you want I can help testing and debugging on my E61. I really wish it would work there!
I'll try upgrading the firmware later.

Keep up the good work! :D
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

alcides wrote:It's a nokia E61. Searching on the net it seems previous versions worked, but lately I only get a "System error" message.

I got it working on my wife's N95, looks great!

If you want I can help testing and debugging on my E61. I really wish it would work there!
I'll try upgrading the firmware later.
I know what the problem is, firmware updates won't help, so don't bother.
alcides
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alcides »

Thanks for letting me know, wolf.

That's good news right? Is it fixable?
What's it exactly that happens?
blueeaghle69
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blueeaghle69 »

I have been getting to grips with OpenTTD on my Nokia 5800 (s60v5).

The game runs superb, I am amazed how fast it runs.

One thing though. The default screen resolution of the game matches my phones screen which is 640x360 landscape or 360x640 Portrait mode.
Unfortunately though at this resolution I have a hard time making out the icons at the top of the screen (they are tiny) and the text is a little hard to read.

Is there any way to force OpenTTD to use a slightly lower resolution on my screen?
I treied to change the resolution parameters in OpenTTD.cfg, but the game resets it.

The games looks superb on my high res screen. I just have a hard time making it out :(

Thanks for your time.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

alcides wrote:That's good news right? Is it fixable?
Yes, it's fixable. As for the reason, it's the -funit-at-a-time optimization option. There's some BS about disabling it at Nokia's wiki:
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/R ... s_for_GCCE
It's no surprise that the information there is completly wrong, applications build with that optimization enabled are actually smaller. But that's not the point of using it. If the application heavily uses templated inlines (say, for example as a wrapper for fixed point functionality), it does allow the inlining to be done. Despite the popular view about inlining increasing the resulting code size, in some cases the code size is decreased, as the compiler can incorporate the inlined function into the logic using it. If -fno-unit-at-a-time is used, then it needs to store the parameter values into the appropriate registers, execute the jump to function, then be constrained by register in which the result value is held. If the inlined function is as simple as doing bit shift, it can be even reduced to 0 additional instructions on ARM, as it would be included at no cost in the operation using its value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture:
Another feature of the instruction set is the ability to fold shifts and rotates into the "data processing" (arithmetic, logical, and register-register move) instructions, so that, for example, the C statement

Code: Select all

a += (j << 2);
could be rendered as a single-word, single-cycle instruction on the ARM.

ADD Ra, Ra, Rj, LSL #2
Unfortunately, using that optimization flag with Symbian SDK causes some weird linking errors. These can be easily solved by adding the missing libraries to the link list, but there's additional caveat. Some of these libraries are available only on FP1 devices, so trying to run application linked with them on "FP0" devices results in inability to dynamically link with these libraries and a silent error. And the application not running, of course.
blueeaghle69 wrote: Is there any way to force OpenTTD to use a slightly lower resolution on my screen?
No, currently there's no way to do that and it's not planned, as there's no acceptable way to do that. Upscaling the resolution 2 times would end up with 180x320, and the game already is barely playable on 240x320 devices. Using fractional scaling would result in ugly artifacts (some pixels would be doubled, some not).
blueeaghle69
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blueeaghle69 »

wolf wrote:
alcides wrote:That's good news right? Is it fixable?
Yes, it's fixable. As for the reason, it's the -funit-at-a-time optimization option. There's some BS about disabling it at Nokia's wiki:
http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/R ... s_for_GCCE
It's no surprise that the information there is completly wrong, applications build with that optimization enabled are actually smaller. But that's not the point of using it. If the application heavily uses templated inlines (say, for example as a wrapper for fixed point functionality), it does allow the inlining to be done. Despite the popular view about inlining increasing the resulting code size, in some cases the code size is decreased, as the compiler can incorporate the inlined function into the logic using it. If -fno-unit-at-a-time is used, then it needs to store the parameter values into the appropriate registers, execute the jump to function, then be constrained by register in which the result value is held. If the inlined function is as simple as doing bit shift, it can be even reduced to 0 additional instructions on ARM, as it would be included at no cost in the operation using its value.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture:
Another feature of the instruction set is the ability to fold shifts and rotates into the "data processing" (arithmetic, logical, and register-register move) instructions, so that, for example, the C statement

a += (j << 2);

could be rendered as a single-word, single-cycle instruction on the ARM.

ADD Ra, Ra, Rj, LSL #2
Unfortunately, using that optimization flag with Symbian SDK causes some weird linking errors. These can be easily solved by adding the missing libraries to the link list, but there's additional caveat. Some of these libraries are available only on FP1 devices, so trying to run application linked with them on "FP0" devices results in inability to dynamically link with these libraries and a silent error. And the application not running, of course.
blueeaghle69 wrote: Is there any way to force OpenTTD to use a slightly lower resolution on my screen?
No, currently there's no way to do that and it's not planned, as there's no acceptable way to do that. Upscaling the resolution 2 times would end up with 180x320, and the game already is barely playable on 240x320 devices. Using fractional scaling would result in ugly artifacts (some pixels would be doubled, some not).
Thanks for letting me know.

I should be thankful my phone has such a high resolution screen :)
Just sometimes it can cause problems with the eyes.

I am amazed how well it runs and looks though on a Nokia 5800 at 640x360.

Thanks again.
mimes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mimes »

I have installed
openttd.sisx
pips_nokia_1_3_SS.sis
ssl.SIS
stdcpp.sis

when i started game its starts loading and in 1/3 it stops and drop me out.
Do u know what to do to make it working? i have Nokia E52
mimes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mimes »

mimes wrote:I have installed
openttd.sisx
pips_nokia_1_3_SS.sis
ssl.SIS
stdcpp.sis

when i started game its starts loading and in 1/3 it stops and drop me out.
Do u know what to do to make it working? i have Nokia E52
it's working, i needed to copy files from TTD to data folder. Only problem is i see on my display only part of the screen.. so when i move my cursor i dont see it.. its possible to change resolution or do something to fix it?
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

mimes wrote:Only problem is i see on my display only part of the screen.. so when i move my cursor i dont see it.. its possible to change resolution or do something to fix it?
Press "5" key to center the mouse cursor. Yes, it's possible to change resolution, it's in options :>
puziparrot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by puziparrot »

I keep on getting a "Certificate Error. Contact the supplier" message when i try to install openttd.sisx on my Nokia E63. Any idea on how to get around this?

*EDIT*
Fixed that, my fault for not googling the issue :oops:.
womean
Engineer
Engineer

Post by womean »

asking for help,thx
i am running the openttd r15770 version,this is my 1st time install this game.I used to play in my computer.
when i copy the saved game to the phone ,the openttd say"this game is general by newer version!" and can't run.
how to resolve this?
thanks a lot.
wolf
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wolf »

New build: http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian/openttd.sisx
Required libraries: http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian/support/ (UPDATE 28.07.2008!)
Patch: http://team.pld-linux.org/~wolf/symbian ... 4.patch.gz

List of changes:
- Updated to rev 18404.

This is probably the last build I made. If you want to have new builds in future, you have to talk with the OpenTTD developers.

As for the E61 compatibility (and other "FP0" devices): some fixes have been made, so it MAY work.
womean wrote:i am running the openttd r15770 version,this is my 1st time install this game.I used to play in my computer.
when i copy the saved game to the phone ,the openttd say"this game is general by newer version!" and can't run.
Try using the new build.
syahbudinnoor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by syahbudinnoor »

Thanks Wolf. My Nokia E63 working with rev 18404 OpenTTD on my phone.It works 100%. :bow:
Last edited by syahbudinnoor on 12 Dec 2009 02:45, edited 3 times in total.
syahbudinnoor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by syahbudinnoor »

puziparrot wrote:I keep on getting a "Certificate Error. Contact the supplier" message when i try to install openttd.sisx on my Nokia E63. Any idea on how to get around this?

*EDIT*
Fixed that, my fault for not googling the issue :oops:.
Puzziparrot, u must hack your Nokia E63 first by using setmefree(unsigned).sis. But u must find certificate for your handphone. Or not it will pop up Certificate error Contact the application supplier. It will not harm your phone.

To find the certificate, you must go to this link: http://mynokiamobile.org/2009/11/30/how ... 5-mobiles/

This is the link to hack your phone:http://lagenda4046s603rd.blogspot.com/s ... %20Patches
:http://download.fztvseries.mobi/attachm ... MeFree.zip

But, you also must download Y-Browser.

PROCEDURE:
Download the file SetMeFree at the end of this post: it contains “SetMeFree_V1.00_Unsigned.sis”, “ROMPatcher.sisx”, “Copy2A (folder)”.
Sign “SetMeFree_V1.00″ with a 17 caps certificate.
Install “SetMeFree”.
After installation, you will see “MapDrives”, “ROMPatcher” and “Y-browser”, just click on MapDrives and you will see A: drive in Y-browser.
Copy all the 3 files in the “Copy2A” folder to A: drive. NOTE, just the 3 files, not the whole folder.
Reboot your phone.
Open ROMPatcher and apply the “Installserver_FP2_1.1″ patch.
Go to app manager and remove “SetMeFree”.
Finally, install the “ROMPatcher.sisx” included in the zip package.
Your phone is free to install any unsigned apps now.
now you will have a fully working ROMPatcher with autostart and two patches “Installserver_FP2_V1.1″ and “Open4All”.
SetMeFree should work with any 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4 devices.
* tested with: E63,N79, N95, 5320XM and 6120C.
* SetMeFree is useful for latest unhackable firmwares, but can be use for older firmwares too.
http://www.mobile-geeks.com/downloads/SetMeFree.zip

I have my Red Colour Nokia E63 and when i used it, 100% it works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_YMYDzBq2o

Have fun with your phone.

Good Luck,

Syahbudin

Return to “OpenTTD Development”