GRFs Mixing?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

The Doctor
Engineer
Engineer

GRFs Mixing?

Post by The Doctor »

I am a Linux user with an installation of OTTD 1.2.2. I updated from 1.2.1, and since then my GRFs are mixing together - by this I mean, I was having a LAN game with my brother, and I noticed that his buses were producing smoke a la steam locomotives, and my coaches behind steam locomotives are producing sparks, as are Class 158s etc.

Would you guys just suggest a reinstallation?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: GRFs Mixing?

Post by planetmaker »

The Doctor wrote:I am a Linux user with an installation of OTTD 1.2.2. I updated from 1.2.1, and since then my GRFs are mixing together - by this I mean, I was having a LAN game with my brother, and I noticed that his buses were producing smoke a la steam locomotives, and my coaches behind steam locomotives are producing sparks, as are Class 158s etc.

Would you guys just suggest a reinstallation?
I rather suggest to use NewGRFs which don't show the bug as seemingly the one which you use(d).

I also suggest to use the OpenTTD section - you don't play Transport Tycoon after all.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: GRFs Mixing?

Post by Transportman »

Which NewGRFs are you using? Maybe there is some strange bug in one of them. Or did you modify them during a running game? Or did you do something else (except upgrading OpenTTD to 1.2.2)?

Can you post a savegame, so others can check what is happening?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”