OTTD blank screen missing file/calibration error

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GioGio
Engineer
Engineer

OTTD blank screen missing file/calibration error

Post by GioGio »

Since I have a new monitor for my mac mini, I havent been able to play OpenTTD. The missing files / calibration error keep occuring when I try to start OpenTTD. I've had this problem also with my other mac but solved it by calibrating the monitor. This time it does not work. That I am missing the game files is not possible since I could play OpenTTD before I changed my monitor. I hope somone can help me so i can play OpenTTD again :)

System specs:
OS: Mac osx 10.6 (snow leopard, since I know an developer that gave me the developer release)
Mac Mini
Processor: 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Monitor: Samsung SuncMaster P2270
Contrast 50.000 : 1
21.5 inch
DVI cable

OpenTTD version 0.7.1
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OTTD blank screen missing file/calibration error

Post by planetmaker »

I totally didn't understand what error you get. Please post verbatim the error you get displayed, in e.g. the console or a suitable screenshot.

Did you try with your old monitor again, too? Does it work then? I fail to see completely how a monitor calibration can influence OpenTTD.

That said, the bug tracker of OpenTTD is found at http://bugs.openttd.org
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I am not a Mac owner, but perhaps you try to run the game with the wrong screen resolution? (LCD screens are often less flexible w.r.t. resolution).

In openttd.cfg, there is an entry

Code: Select all

resolution = 640,480
(for playing at 640x480 obviously).

You may want to check/modify that setting.

Alternatively, you can remove openttd.cfg altogether (or rename to some other name), and see what happens.

Last but not least, it doesn't really look like an openttd problem, the game seems to run, except you cannot see anything. Maybe in a more Mac-oriented forum, they know what to do with blank screens?

Albert
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Hm... indeed. I remember vaguely that full screen mode was some trouble to get right. But I never use it as I'd miss the concurrent IRC window :-P
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

planetmaker wrote:But I never use it as I'd miss the concurrent IRC window :-P
Get dual screen, it does wonders for that :P You can do everything while you can also keep an eye on IRC ;)
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GioGio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GioGio »

Error: Could not get system colour space. You might need to recalibrate your monitor. See readme for more info
Most likely you are missing files from the original TTD

The readme file did not say anything about the recalibration problem.
I tried changing the resolution and removing the config file but both failed. Strangly OpenTTD works when playing in fullscreen =/
I havent changed the new monitor with the old one to see if it still works because its a bit hard to do with the space I have left on my deks.
Attachments
OTTD-error.tif
screenshot error
(111.23 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Try setting the 32 bits blitter as default.
GioGio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GioGio »

Failed to select requested blitter '32'; does it exist? See readme for more info
Most likely you are missing files from the original TTD

Maybe you should explain me how to change the blitter. I just opend the config file and changed the empty spot with 32. Not sure if thats the way to do it.

I just found it how to change the blitter but that aint working.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Try "32bpp-simple" instead of just "32". The major problem with OSX is that they are very good in breaking stuff that used to work. For example somewhere during 10.5 they removed support for 8 bits output from SOME versions, but not all.
GioGio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GioGio »

I have tried to change the blitter in the config file with 32bpp-simple, but that is not working. Also tried to start openTTD via terminal with the blitter but that also does not work.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Then I've got no ideas what it can be. It might very well be some new issue introduced, but without a way to debug it I can't help. (I don't own a Mac or have access to a Mac)
GioGio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GioGio »

I could give you access to my mac via teamviewer if that could help you with helping me :wink:

I have 1 question. Why does OTTD work in fullscreen mode but not in window mode?

It seems that OTTD works after some system shutdowns ... I alway's put my system to sleep instead of shutting it down.
dwlnetnl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dwlnetnl »

I have the same error. It makes no difference if I use 0.7.1 or 0.7.2. I'm running on a MacBookPro1,1 (the first MacBook Pro series, Intel Core Duo 2Ghz).
tylerc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tylerc »

Thread Necromancy!

I've written a patch that I hope will fix the colorspace error. If anybody who's experiencing this error could give it a try, it would be a big help. Thanks

http://bugs.openttd.org/task/3198

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”