Small train reversing problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Small train reversing problem

Post by siu238X »

Hi there,

I use 0.7.0 and as I found nothing related in the changelog of 0.7.1, I decided to post it here.

I had recently opened a new game in which trains reverse at stations.
Now look at a simple order below:
1. Goto A
2. Goto B
3. Service at depot
(I am sure it's a service, not a goto)

I found that:
a. If the depot is at the other side of A and A is on a through route, it won't pose a problem,

Code: Select all

D--A----B
b. If the depot is at the other side of B and B is a through route, the train will always go past B and into the depot before coming out and back to A again.

Code: Select all

A----B--D
I didn't test whether conditional order jump helps, but at least this seems to be a problem.

Savegame is provided below. Some "basic" newGRFs are added (most notably PikkaBird stuff and BR trainset I believe) so be noted.
Fenningbury Transport, 8th Dec 1977.sav
Savegame provided for the problem. The wood train route at the NE side of the map is the one with problematic behaviour. The grain route on the NW side had been used for control test -- even with the PBS removed the diesel train still turns around normally.
(391.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Small train reversing problem

Post by Eddi »

sounds like the "train reversing at station" code incorrectly handles the service order.

you should post bugs to bugs.openttd.org, in the forum they might be overlooked by the devs

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”