Which OpenTT has the longest supply chain?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xeasyx
Engineer
Engineer

Which OpenTT has the longest supply chain?

Post by xeasyx »

HEy there,

I used to play OpenTTD years ago. Now I would like to refresh my transport skills. But I wonder, which version would give me the longest chain of supplies. Like from ore and rubber over steel and tires to cars? I remember that when my father introduced me to Open TTD more than ten years ago, he had a version with this example. But ever since I never found a way, to really produce goods.
Maybe you can help me and tell me, which version and maybe patch I need? (should be running on a mac if that's important) Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

So long
Easy
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Which OpenTT has the longest supply chain?

Post by planetmaker »

You probably want to look at some of the available industry NewGRFs
The three most notable ones are ECS, FIRS and YETI. They all have a scheme of sorts which makes cargo chains a circle and where one or products of one chain can be used to boost production of another chain.

And then there are the industry NewGRFs which don't deviate from the standard so much, like OpenGFX+ Industries and Pikkas Basic Industries (PBI).

Return to “General OpenTTD”