UK roads with signs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

UK roads with signs

Post by Rollerghost »

I found a GRF with UK roads named UKRoadswSigns.grf. here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=56243
I downloaded it and it is now in the folder content_download/newgrf along with all the other GRFs I have downloaded, but it does not show up when I am choosing what GRFs to use in my game.
They downloaded as a .grf file. It seems like the rest of the GRFs I have are in .tar. Is that the problem? And how do I resolve it?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: UK roads with signs

Post by Alberth »

It should be in newgrf rather than content_download/newgrf but otherwise it seems to load alright here. In my openttd I get pink colours, but that may be palette stuff.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

Alberth wrote:It should be in newgrf rather than content_download/newgrf but otherwise it seems to load alright here. In my openttd I get pink colours, but that may be palette stuff.
Everything else goes automatically to that folder and works as it is supposed to. The only difference to the files is that the UK-file was downloaded manually, the others from within the game.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

When you download a grf manually, always put it in the "newgrf" folder. Files within "content_download" are managed by the game, so altering those contents can result in things not working correctly. Try moving the file out of content_download and into the normal newgrf folder and see if it shows up. If it doesn't appear automatically when restarting the game, pressing "rescan files" in the newgrf window should work.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

some modern NewGRFs may not show up in older versions of OpenTTD.
Rollerghost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollerghost »

Thank you all. A restart of the game did the trick. The GRFs are now in full use.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

If you add NewGRFs to the NewGRF-folder while the game is open, you need to rescan for them to pick them up. There is a rescan button in the NewGRF settings window.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Hi, thanks for downloading my grf, im not sure why you downloaded it manually though, it is available through the online content window :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”