If it poosible to build(plant) forests?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dmetrey
Engineer
Engineer

If it poosible to build(plant) forests?

Post by Dmetrey »

Hi,

Im really new to this game but so far everything has been clear to me except the stuff about industries. I prefer to start the game with No. of industries set to "funding only" to make myself a chalange for making money to fund a sawmill industry wich requires wood, wich can only be produced in forests wich i dont understand how to buy/plant/build.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: If it poosible to build(plant) forests?

Post by ISA »

In original game with no grfs involved should be possible all the time, if You use some kind of grf (like ECS) it is possible only in certain time in the year (like April to June if I'm not wrong)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Dmetrey wrote:Hi,

Im really new to this game but so far everything has been clear to me except the stuff about industries. I prefer to start the game with No. of industries set to "funding only" to make myself a chalange for making money to fund a sawmill industry wich requires wood, wich can only be produced in forests wich i dont understand how to buy/plant/build.
Forests in arctic climate can only build above the snow line. If you have a very smooth terrain, there might not be sufficient, if any, terrain which fulfills that requirement.
Either generate a map with increased roughness or create higher terrain ingame.
Without industries generated, it won't help, but recent nightlies warn about when not all required industries could be built or no vehicles will be available.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

be sure to enable the funding of primary industries in the settings
Dmetrey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dmetrey »

Eddi wrote:be sure to enable the funding of primary industries in the settings
Thats what i didnt have, now i can see forest in the funding industry list.

Thank you)

Return to “General OpenTTD”