OpenTTD 1.1.0-beta4

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SmatZ
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.1.0-beta4

Post by SmatZ »

Dear players, developers and admins,

another step for 1.1.0 has been made, the beta4. It contains a lot of bugfixes, including fix for crash/hangup on opening the smallmap window on big-endian platforms and several savegame conversion fixes.
Apart from that, important changes are in the Place Object and Build Rail Station windows. Now, you can select the item you want from a graphical preview - see http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41222
Many players and NewGRF developers will welcome better support for NewGRF railtypes, and server admins can now (re)set the password of any company.

List of important changes is at http://binaries.openttd.org/releases/1. ... ngelog.txt - it's even longer than the changelog for beta2 and beta3.

Any bugs you find should be reported at http://bugs.openttd.org/ - please report them, as it makes OpenTTD better :-)

Stay tooned for further betas and/or RCs - not talking about the final 1.1.0 release :-)
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 1.1.0-beta4

Post by DJ Nekkid »

what can i say...

thanx for including FS4393 and 94 in the 1.1.-series :D
Member of the
ImageImage
vinaximus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by vinaximus »

thnx, really :bow:
Good day building rails
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

Had a crash during joining a multiplayer game.
Attachments
OpenTTD.rar
(650.48 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Hmm, what should I put here...
SmatZ
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by SmatZ »

mrMann, do you have crash.sav? There is not much info that could be extracted from data you provided (from the screenshot I can say it was a while after you joined, you started new company, it was the coop server...)

Please open a bugreport at http://bugs.openttd.org/, thanks :)
mrMann
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mrMann »

There wasn't a crash.sav, just those three files. And OK, opening one up now :)
Hmm, what should I put here...
Willsims
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Willsims »

I downloaded the previous beta's, but have been so busy, I didn't get time to play them, so I don't know if this is a design problem, a new bug, or a new feature.

I was very surprised to find that with beta4, I can no longer borrow or repay money, buy or sell locos & carriages/wagons, or even shuffle train consists in a depot, whilst the game is paused. If it is a bug, then please take this as a report, if it is a design feature, could I make an appeal to go back to being able to carry out these "back office" activities when paused. I fully understand and support not being able to lay tracks when paused, but not being able to sort out finances is a bit odd.

Generally however, 1.1.0 is looking very very good. I particularly like the new station building dropdown. Keep up the good work and sorry for the whinge. I wish I had the skills to be able to contribute to the project.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Willsims wrote: I was very surprised to find that with beta4, I can no longer borrow or repay money, buy or sell locos & carriages/wagons, or even shuffle train consists in a depot, whilst the game is paused.
Discover the new pause mode setting:
Attachments
pause_mode.png
pause_mode.png (16.87 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

It's due to the "build while paused" cheat being moved to a setting. The default of that setting is to disallow all things that cost money or could be considered construction. However, you can change the setting to allow more things to happen while being paused.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Willsims wrote:I wish I had the skills to be able to contribute to the project.
Skills come with practice only.
In other words, if you wait contributing until you have skills, you will never get them.

We are all doing this for fun, just start with something that you want to change, and ask for help when you get stuck or when you need feedback.
In time, you will see your changes become available in the game :)

(And you don't need to know everything either. While I have commit access to trunk now, there are large parts of the source code that I have never seen so far.)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Alberth wrote:(And you don't need to know everything either. While I have commit access to trunk now, there are large parts of the source code that I have never seen so far.)
Really? For example? Even i have had an idle browse of most of the source code

I fully agree with the rest of your post by the way. Look at me with AIs and my (at the moment) very minor c++ skills :) OpenTTD was vasically the sole force that shoved me head first into coding :D
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Lord Aro wrote:
Alberth wrote:(And you don't need to know everything either. While I have commit access to trunk now, there are large parts of the source code that I have never seen so far.)
I had never even looked at the disaster code until FS#4286 came along (nearly two months ago).

At the moment, I am trying to understand how train consists are modified (ie making the drag/drop of vehicles in the depot GUI actually happen, etc), and improve it. I had browsed the train files a few times before, but when you start studying the code in detail, you find new parts you never realized existed, and you start to understand how groups of functions work together to make something happening.
You also find large number of functions without any doxygen comments :(
Lord Aro wrote:I fully agree with the rest of your post by the way. Look at me with AIs and my (at the moment) very minor c++ skills :) OpenTTD was vasically the sole force that shoved me head first into coding :D
Willing to learn new skills while having fun is the only requirement :)
Willsims
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Willsims »

Thank you for your prompt responses, most helpful. The last time I did any "programming" was trying to get my Commodore 64 to sort a database. Alas I think any excursion into anything more complex may have to wait until I retire in a few years time. I will, with your permission, continue to take full advantage of your efforts until then, and make a financial contribution instead.

Thanks once again
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Lord Aro wrote:
i can assure you that hardly any developer ever had more than a quick glance at the YAPF internals :p
ijustlost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ijustlost »

Did the industry chain preview get dropped in beta4? I'm only seeing the old industry chains - or am I missing something? I'm using the OSX version.

Btw, it's great to see OS X support back, will save me a lot of time compiling! Thanks to whoever put in the work to make that possible.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

What do you mean by old industry chains?

The actual industries that are available depend on which NewGRFs that you have loaded. Or did you refer to the industry chain display feature?
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

Fatal NewGRF Error: Too many GRFs loaded.

Oh good, something else to fix. Didn't change anything from beta3 to cause this error either...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Doorslammer wrote:Fatal NewGRF Error: Too many GRFs loaded.

Oh good, something else to fix. Didn't change anything from beta3 to cause this error either...
Use less than 64 NewGRFs at the same time. Nothing changed there for a LOOONG time.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Doorslammer »

planetmaker wrote:
Doorslammer wrote:Fatal NewGRF Error: Too many GRFs loaded.

Use less than 64 NewGRFs at the same time. Nothing changed there for a LOOONG time.
Same with my list, was fine before.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

then perhaps you can open a bug report and attach the required files

Return to “General OpenTTD”