GRFcodec problems

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

weeknie
Engineer
Engineer

GRFcodec problems

Post by weeknie »

Wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here, sorry if it's in the wrong place

Anyway, I've been trying to set my minGW/msys up with grfcodec, but the compiled exe seems to be broken.
Every time I do anything (for example "grfcodec -d dutchtrainsw.grf"), all it does is display the help text.

I also tried compiling grfcodec myself from sources (again under minGW/msys), but then I get the following error:

grfcodec.cc: In function `int decode(const char*, const char*, const U8*, int, int, int, int*, int)':
C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/io.h:302: error: too many arguments to function `int mkdir(const char*)'
grfcodec.cc:549: error: at this point in file

If I make my way around that by removing the excess argument, it gives this error, which I can't work around:

grfcomm.c: In function `char* spritefilename(const char*, const char*, const char*, int, const char*, int)':
grfcomm.c:137: error: `mkdir' was not declared in this scope
grfcomm.c:137: warning: unused variable 'mkdir'

mkdir should exist in that scope (or better to say, I don't see why not), but well

Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this and get grfcodec working on my minGW/msys install?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: these problems occur with the HEAD, 2125 and 819 revisions

2nd EDIT: forgot to metion that I'm running this on a 64 bit windows 7 machine. After some googling I noticed there were some specific problems with 64 bit 7, but non of the proposed solutions helped
weeknie
Engineer
Engineer

Re: GRFcodec problems

Post by weeknie »

Ok, it seems fixed, but I'm not sure what fixed it, I'll edit this post when I found out

EDIT: the fix is putting the exe's in the minGW bin folder (for me C:/minGW/bin), instead of the msys folder (C:/msys/1.0/bin for me)

Sorry for the useless post

Return to “General OpenTTD”