Canadian Infrastructure v2.0 (CanBase) Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Canadian Infrastructure v2.0 (CanBase) Development

Post by OzTrans »

Last edited by OzTrans on 04 Feb 2012 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

OzTrans wrote:
slaca wrote:... will there be a bridge.grf, or one big canbase grf?
One big CanBase; any bridge set developer will tell you, what a nightmare it is to cover all rail and road decks. We do not have the manpower to do that, so it will be normal and narrow gauge rail as well as brick and bitumen roads (as in NARoads) only.
I have to disagree here, since NewGRF railtypes, the track overlay works well for NewGRFs, e.g. TBRS did not require any changes at all to be compatible with NuTracks.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

furthermore it would be a waste to lock these bridges only for canset.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Oz ... Good to see you reactivated, in more ways than one (remarried? 8) ) and a new doctorate as well? Do I get to describe the pain in my back or do I get to expound upon my latest philosophical predisposition? Oh wait! Phd? Philosophy it is then! Also, I have some Windsor Station pics etc which might not be in OzTrans' pack that he is sending (sent?) to you. Let me know if you want what I have. PS ... If you are still in the MA area, I was on I-495 and the Mass Pike a couple of days ago. Can you draw fixes for the bridges and potholes? My vintage '86 Fiero GT is now in need of a front end realignment and wheel balance after having all that done just three weeks ago. :x

OzTrans and others ... Suggestion: Get the bridges working in CanBase v2.0 first, then one can address track overlays and NewGRF railtypes post CanBase release.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Heya, Wally! Yeah, now that my dissertation work is completed, I have a little extra time on my hands. My Ph.D. is in biochemistry and neuroscience, so I do spend a great deal of time in the lab, though. I'm no longer in Boston, since I was lured away by another fine institution offering me a greater compensation package. I do miss the Hub, though, even with the crappy roads and even crappier drivers. Let me apologize on behalf of all Bostonians for messing up your sporty little Pontiac. :oops:

I received all of the background and photos of Gare Windsor from OzTrans. I remember from about 5 years ago(!) a discussion about drawing it, and actually did quite a bit of research myself, which I still have. Not an easy draw, that one. Dunno. Let me mull it over for a bit.

OzTrans: I think that the solid support option will work well for the Viaduct. I took the time, and re-drew the sprites to include supports on the deck, so that the gap between the deck and supports should be gone. Also, note that the bridgeheads have been modified to tie in with the re-drawn decks. Hope that this should take care of any other modifications needed. I'm currently working on the reverse views, and should have them ready in the near future.

Cheers!
Attachments
SW-NE Workbench.png
SW-NE Workbench.png (13.51 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

gief bridges GIEF

Return to “Graphics Development”