TTDPatch Nightlies!

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

TTDPatch Nightlies!

Post by Patchman »

Thanks to the good folks over at the OTTD nightlies server, TTDPatch now has its own set of nightlies available for download as well!

Now you too can live on the cutting edge of the very latest features TTDPatch has to offer! Bored by the stability of the alphas and betas? No more, just download a nightly and you too can experience the latest TTDPatch code in its natural habitat. Crashes and bugs not guaranteed but quite possible, depending on season.

Get them at http://nightly.ttdpatch.net/latest/ :P
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Wooo!

*Dance dance dance*
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

Luckily none of my current WIP Code is available... yet... but... when it is... I hold no responsibility for total system destruction. :twisted:
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Congrats guys :)

Welcome to the realm of continuous user-annoyance ;p
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Darkvater wrote:Congrats guys :)

Welcome to the realm of continuous user-annoyance ;p
You obviously don't frequent the TTDPatch mailing lists, or #tycoon very often :P.

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

They are with no support (tm)
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Does that ever stop people from asking Stupid Questions (tm)?

Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

For those of us that are computer illiterate, would someone be kind enough to describe what each link represents? I can determine that the zipped dos file is for the dos game and the zipped win32 file for the windows game, but tar.bz2, tar.gz, and source (the raw files perhaps)?

Thanks in advance.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Very nice :!: Great work guys :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Axlrose wrote:For those of us that are computer illiterate, would someone be kind enough to describe what each link represents? I can determine that the zipped dos file is for the dos game and the zipped win32 file for the windows game, but tar.bz2, tar.gz, and source (the raw files perhaps)?

Thanks in advance.
The source (as you would see if you downloaded it), contains all the source code for ttd patch... the files that you need to feed into a compiler to get ttdpatch(w).exe out the other end. *.exe is the raw version, the stuff in the source zip is the nice, 'human editable' stuff :P

tar.bz2 and tar.gz are just alternatives for .zip, used mainly on linux and such.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Did you really have to jump the bandwagon of nightlies ?
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Congrats TTDPatchers :) Very nice
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Does this mean that progression from Beta 4 to Beta 5 and subsequent Betas and stable patchs will take longer to do.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

No, it means the builds between the betas are aviable.
But, it also means don't expect them to be very stable, at least not as stable as a beta version.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Generally there is no time table, we try to fix bugs as much as possible and don't integrate much new stuff now.

It means we can get instead feedback for bugfixes and if a version is totally broken by something you can use some other revision or even tell us at what revision something brokes which isn't very obvious sometimes...

Or in other words, you have to test more revisions to find the right wrong gone revision and not the TTDPatch Dev Team :D
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

i am getting a crash at the title screen the bug tracker item can be found here
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Just remember, the nightlies may eat your computer! If in doubt, hire a grue. :)
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

Well, I know that the ttdpatch nightlies are doomish but I get an error saying that my ttd version was not recognized and when I try to continue anyway I get a language error: Failed to find string #02B2 at 0062EFF2, found 00/01 at 00600000. I talked it in #tycoon and I post here because patchman requested configs, so here are mine. r244 nightly.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(34.1 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
newgrfw.cfg
(545 Bytes) Downloaded 143 times
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Yay, nightlies!
I guess the use of these is so that if a bugfix is needed quickly, people don't always have to wait until the next release :D

Hooray for patchteam, and OTTD team! :mrgreen:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Or when we fix a bug or implement a newgrf feature, those that are affected by it can test it before it's in the beta.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.

Return to “General TTDPatch”