New cargo distribution

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TheMole
Engineer
Engineer

New cargo distribution

Post by TheMole »

Currently, when multiple trains are Full-loading at a station, the generated cargo is distributed over all trains wich have wagons for that cargo. I propose an option that all cargo will go to the first train that entered the station for that cargo (until it's full ofcourse).

Why?
It had two advantages:
Trains wil leave the station sooner, making room for other trains, since there will be only one train partially filled for a certain cargo.
Trains wil have a higher profit since the number of days in transit for the cargo are lower.

This can benefit the other vehicles (busses, ships and planes) as well

In some situations I will build a station with only one platform, that gets about the same result. But in most cases, that's not an option...
MrFrans
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MrFrans »

I agree, that would be great!
"A script is what you give the actors. A program is what you give the audience."
-Larry Wall
ucho
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucho »

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

He, I totally forgot about that patch. Will look at it in the close future to see how well it works. Ucho, could you sync it up with the latest revision? I'm thinking there will be a lot of conflicts :s
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
ucho
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucho »

I doubt that - it is very short patch & no code was changed near it. Here is patch for last svn - _it_ may not work becouse it's hand edited( to many other changes in code =) )
Attachments
fifo.patch
fifo.patch
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
aaronw
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aaronw »

Wow, this would be great. It is incredibly annoying to have the cargo distributed among 4 trains when I wish it would just give it to one of them so it can get rolling on out of there and make space for a new one.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”