Under water levels.

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

denzil
Engineer
Engineer

Under water levels.

Post by denzil »

I think the topic speaks for itself. Simply create the ability to "dig" under the water level. Maybe even just one level, just so a tunnel could be built..we all know how difficult it can get getting around towns, track-nets and mountains...I often make tunnels through the bottom level (have to do it quick before the water appears) but sometimes that's not enough (or possible)...
..anybody likes this idea??
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself doesn't become a monster.. when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you"
Nietzsche
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

...and water at different levels without the use of canals (canals should be used only to join 2 sea, lakes or rivers

but the water at elevated levels shouldn't expand like the sea level, or maybe it can expand into a hole

but i don't know how to place another water tiles, if you use canals to build canals and not lakes (YAWT: yet another water tool :lol: )

or with canals you can place a water tile that expand at all levels and you have to build embankments (^-----^ -> ^ = embankment, ---- = river) to close the water
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Water should be placed at any level yes.

just use the water slope graphic from .grf to make waterfalls.
TheMole
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheMole »

And it would also be nice if the level at the edge of the map won't have to be at sea-level. But that will probably need new grafics for the edges...

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”