Multiplayer testing people needed

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Multiplayer testing people needed

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok i will need to know your ip before trying and the other thing you must don't have a router :!:

And if donload the latest nightly before playing :!:
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Helo people don't you want to try to play a game over the internet :?
il_cheffe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by il_cheffe »

We are trying this nightly build for hours now in our LAN (3Players) and it works great - without desyncs etc...
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

|I mean internet not lan!!!
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

Is it possible to use dynamic ip too? As i would like to test; but you said ip too. Or i need to tell my ip every time?

Current IP: 81.182.31.101
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

Why no router? Internet play with 2 people using 2 different ISPs using 2 different speeds using 2 different routers with 1 IP being dynamic.. works fine. Internet works over TCP, which is the same as LAN play. Only difference in internet play is that you have a little more lag. Yes, with dynamic IPs you either have to be the hoster or tell your IP all the time. But I'm guessing hostnames such as yourcomp.no-ip.com work too.. (haven't tried it using -n <hostname> tho... just -n IP, should work) Routers are no problem as long as you set it up to pass through the ports that OpenTTD uses.
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

}T{Reme [Q_G] wrote:Why no router? Internet play with 2 people using 2 different ISPs using 2 different speeds using 2 different routers with 1 IP being dynamic.. works fine. Internet works over TCP, which is the same as LAN play. Only difference in internet play is that you have a little more lag. Yes, with dynamic IPs you either have to be the hoster or tell your IP all the time. But I'm guessing hostnames such as yourcomp.no-ip.com work too.. (haven't tried it using -n <hostname> tho... just -n IP, should work) Routers are no problem as long as you set it up to pass through the ports that OpenTTD uses.
Hostname doesn't work yet. With ...no-ip.com you will have to updated the address to your new IP, so that wouldn't help much.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
il_cheffe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by il_cheffe »

Killer 11 wrote:|I mean internet not lan!!!
I know, but I thought it would be good to know, that the problem is obviously solved:)
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Urrr? Whats going on?

You are trying to test multiplayer mode over the net right? Well wouldn't it be better to arrange a time with everyone to meet up on IRC or something?
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

Darkvater wrote:Hostname doesn't work yet. With ...no-ip.com you will have to updated the address to your new IP, so that wouldn't help much.
Ah I see.. yes I haven't tried it... as my friend is too lazy to run the update client for his no-ip account :P He always gives me his current IP number.. I guess a simple workaround would just be to use ping first.. it resolves the hostname to an IP address you can use for OpenTTD. As for no-ip... I've been using it for about 3 years and never failed. All you need to do is sign up for a free account, download their update client, fill in the info and keep the client running (or atleast run it when you connect to the internet)
Last edited by }T{Reme [Q_G] on 26 Aug 2004 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok now [HUN]Pedro host a game and post a message that you did and ofcourse post your ip(it might be different :wink:

And i don't have irc,icq,mirc or any other program i only chat in forums in a fact i hate chattrooms :wink:
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Command lines

Post by bociusz »

Could you put back the command lines for the new network core (-n, -n ip, -n ip -px)?

If I start the game with -n then it waits a long time (10s) and than start with single player mode. So I don't want to click-click-click in the menu, the old version's command line was the best. There were a bat file if the game desynch. If you run it, you'll be in the game again in 1s. Please put it back!
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

Sorry for not being here :(

So i will be able to play online on Monday; from 10 o'clock (GMT+1) so GMT 9.

I'll post my ip before creating the game.

Pedro
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

i think i will be up only from 12.00 :wink:
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

From that time it is still ok for me; send a private when it is good for u :)

Pedro
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

may i recommend when u post your ip you do it along the lines of

81.182.my ip.31.101

Makes it harder for any automatic ip scanners searching random forums to get your ip... also useflul for emails

wazawaza@<no spam>yahoo.com
There is no ?
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

okay; thnx for the tip :) Never thought of it.

So a game is started at ip: 81.182.my ip.28.227
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

Hmmm; i cant start without giving password; so here it is: "Multi"

It will start at GMT 10; write a private to know how will join
Mack
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mack »

which version?

THX
[HUN]Pedro
Engineer
Engineer

Post by [HUN]Pedro »

Latest nightly build; hmm dunno which number just grab it down a half an hour ago.

Pedro

Return to “General OpenTTD”