Why don\´t they make a railroadgame that...

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Why don\´t they make a railroadgame that...

Post by anaconda »

- has real proportions on the trains and landscape?
- supply and demand controls the transport
- transporting goods is done by agreements (long terms and one-time transports, like priority concists in RRT)
- trains DO NOT turn at the end of track. It has to reverse and be turned around in a loop or a turning wheel. Modern urban trains will just reverse.
- Train cars have to be transported to the depot, and when bought, you will have to get it at a ferrypoint or a local factory.
- Long trains are allowed. (like ttpatch)
- Loading areas with support locomotives, fork trucks and such. (automated, but you´ll see the containers move from one place to another)
- You´ll se the loading of the train, if zoomed in. (people carrying bags, conveyor belt with coal will fill up bulkcars, fork trucks will load the containertrucks.
- Station and loadingarea expansion, like cold storage, livestock pens, oiltanks, container space, (like the old rrt, but you have to size it yourself)
- electric trains must have electricity (like in RRT2)
- coal and diesel must be transported to stations, loading bays and depots. (By yourself, or buying from another company).
- you buy engines from different companies. buying a lot of engines from one company, gives you more trains to choose from from that company and discounts. (like conflict in middle east, if someone here has ever played it).
- servicing engines takes time. And you have to get another engine to back it up.
- breakdowns do not happen 1-2 times a year for a new engine, if properly maintained. Cars might need replacing.
- routes, and trains to support the route. A train isn´t the route. But a route needs trains. Different engines can be used in a single route. Trains stops in depots when unused. (have to make a lot of tracks for engine and car parking). A engine can be assigned in a scedule to different routes.. Cars will be used at different missions. It has to be transported to build the actual train.
- drivers and management makes the trains run smooth. And if there is overloading on a part of the track, the management will notify you, and you have to build larger stations, loading bays, and/or schedule the trains at another time of the day.
- servicetrain, that will maintain and fix your railway and signals.
- and last but not least: You´ll have to hire personell to carry out the work. Not interviewing them directly, but more how many drivers, servicepersonell, managementpeople you need. More janitors on a station = a station in a better condition. More drivers = less errors and disasters etc.

In an overview, this might look like a more local version of the traingames. You might connect a lot of cities, running a few passenger trains. But cargo delivery will need a lot of micromanagement. You connect to just a few industries and cities, but this is enough for your company to be "big" (more like the Train Companies in the US). You´ll have to have a lot of sidetracks where cars and engines are placed when not used.

Sorry for this long post, but this is the game I have always wanted since I got hooked on RRT.

Tor Inge
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

- Possibility to save the routes. Not only for trains.
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

MY MY MY! Thats a big post 8o how many stamps did you use? 5? 6?
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

lol.

To make a game like that would take years and years of planning and devolopment. And even then it would still have a lot of bugs. Also it would cost a bomb. (Correct me if theres one similier to it) But it would be perfect. A real life scenario game!!

Matt Gillard
ImageImageImageImageImage
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

It´ll requires some coding. But I mean, most of the ideas are allready in other games, like RRT, TTdx+patch, Trains & Trucks Tycoon, Sim City, Traffic Giant, Mobility, Simutrans etc. If we put the best from each game into one, this shouldn´t take too long. The only thing that I haven´t found in any game yet, is the micromanagement of the stations and trains.

Just an example: Hiring people and routes is covered in Mobility. Simutrans has bridges over bridges. TTdx+patch has the best gameplay, Trains & Trucks Tycoon has the best graphix (with some flaws) and the most advanced construction posibilities. It´s there, but the coding and funding remains.
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

That only way that is going to happen with TTD is with the patch. But to do all thse things he would basicly have to rewrite the game. But we may get some of them done. ^^

Matt Gillard
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

If your re-writing TTD, make sure there are no errors in the coding - they are the only downside to TTD which is good because if there are no bugs then it is a 100% game in my view which would be :)) wouldn´t it?
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

What ever way you write a program it will have bugs somewhere!

Matt Gillard
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

True - Microsoft said there were no bugs in Windows XP but what can I say......
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Even Windows NT 4.0 that has 6 and a bit service packs. Number 7 was in the making but it was cancelled, and that still has loads of errors. No program is error free. Not anything as big as windows anyway!

Matt Gillard
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

Heres a price for you!

Windows XP Professional 64-Bit
£499.99 Inc VAT
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

lol.

You need 64bit hardware first. And thats not cheap!!!

Matt Gillard
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

My graphics card can do 64-Bit colour depth!
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Thats graphics. Most cards can now. But for 64bit you need different CPU, motherboard, ram everything.

Matt Gillard
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

Good thing i´m getting it all new soon then :D
Thanks,
Adam Reece.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”