Increasing production.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Cipri
Engineer
Engineer

Increasing production.

Post by Cipri »

Hey all.

I'm looking for some tips on how to increase production and % transported of industries. I've got a forrest right now that produces over 900 tons of wood, but only transports 61% of it. The Ratings on the station's also set to 61% right now.
This means I'm missing out on about 360tons/month, which is an entire train full of wood. Since those make me about € 200,000.00 a trip, I'd like to figure out how to get this figure up. ANy tips that would work great with OTT, or TTD in general? :)
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Put more trains to pull all the cargo from the industry.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
epsilon
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Increasing production.

Post by epsilon »

Cipri wrote:I'd like to figure out how to get this figure up. ANy tips that would work great with OTT, or TTD in general? :)
The best way to do it is to have a system in which at least one train (vehicle) is always waiting at the station. This way '% transported' rises, as does your rating (which reduces losses, better rating == small cargo losses)
Yeah, yo momma dresses you funny and you need a mouse to delete files.
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luxor »

Cipri wrote: ...I've got a forrest right now that produces over 900 tons of wood...
And, How do you get that amount for 1 forrest? Is there a 'tip' to increase the production of a raw material industry or that is just randomize type?

Thanks,
Cipri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cipri »

Luxor wrote:
Cipri wrote: ...I've got a forrest right now that produces over 900 tons of wood...
And, How do you get that amount for 1 forrest? Is there a 'tip' to increase the production of a raw material industry or that is just randomize type?

Thanks,
I Wish I knew how it came to be that large, but unfortunately it's one of the few big industries I've got on my map. It's near a coal mine that has about 35ton/m, so I'm afraid it's somewhat random :(
vondel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vondel »

In my experience, the chance on decrease/increase depends on the rating you have. So the key for high production raw material industries: have vehicles near them at all times to keep ratings high: that way the industries will increase production, on average. Occasional decreases will still happen.
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

the best way to keep the ratings up is like this:
time your trains a bit, so that there are always 1 or 2 trains loading at the station, I got a 91% rating via this :) (at a 360ton iron ore mine)
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luxor »

I got a 91% rating via this (at a 360ton iron ore mine)
Can you post a zipped saved game to watch that, i have try to keep available trains at a oil station and no luck, the arrange is showed in the picture, i think there's a better solution :)

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Watkins & Co., 4th Oct 1981.png
Watkins & Co., 4th Oct 1981.png (141.61 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
thorkia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thorkia »

Try something more like in this picture.

With your attachement, you would Always have a time were there was no-one at the station (when one was leaving and one coming in)

Also included is the savegame were I have done this type of thing multiple times...
Attachments
Thorkan, Inc., 6th Aug 1952.sav
(117.63 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Thorkan, Inc., 28th Jul 1995.png
(240.12 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Cipri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cipri »

thorkia wrote:Try something more like in this picture.

With your attachement, you would Always have a time were there was no-one at the station (when one was leaving and one coming in)

Also included is the savegame were I have done this type of thing multiple times...
Even on the screenshot though, it comes down to shoving as many trains onto the station as you can, and eventually there'll always be one waiting :)
The amount of trains to put on it ofcourse depends on the time it takes'm to return, the amount of production, etc....
thorkia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by thorkia »

I agree... What you don't see from this screen, is 900ton production coal mine. Each one of those trains fills up very fast and leaves. So to make sure I always have one waiting, I have approx 10 trains on this line (if I remember correctly).
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luxor »

So, the solution is a bigger station... can you tell what is that signal? (see the picture)

Thanks for your help :)
Attachments
thorkan_edited.png
thorkan_edited.png (30.25 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

Thats a Pre-Signal. Read the TTDPATCH Manual how this works.

cu, Spaceball
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
Luxor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Luxor »

Many thanks for the advice, that presignal are a great thing (unknowed to me until today), this solves a lot of problems :P
Attachments
Arismendi Transport, 10th Sep 1939.png
Arismendi Transport, 10th Sep 1939.png (29.91 KiB) Viewed 5075 times
Coockie_jr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Coockie_jr »

or you can use my cheat :twisted:

Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

getting a 100% rating is very easy.

just make sure there's at least 1 train loading at all times, that no train is older than 2 years (the engine), and that you have a statue in the industry's town.
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Where?
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
mivlad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mivlad »

It looks like you can get higher % transported if you run more and shorter trains that don't wait for full loading. I've got 99% this way sometimes.

Return to “General OpenTTD”