New AI - Need testers

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

norfolksouthern37 wrote:but i dont want to see all the ai beuilding double track mains... i would rather see them do it like i do. as in, make a single tracked line with passing sidings and then later on upgrade to a full double track.
this would be great, good work TrueLight, we wait for you
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Wolf01 wrote:for railways, should be simple to let the AI build routes like this:

Code: Select all

D                                   D
====-X-----------------------------------X-====
====-X-----------------------------------X-====
instead of this:

Code: Select all

====-X------------\----------\              DX-====
====-XD            \----------\--------------X-====

where:
= station
X and \ junctions
---- track
D depot
That is absolutely what I am going to do! I HATE single tracks where more then one trains goes over.. it slows down, it is bad, and it sucks!

So sorry norfolksouthern37.. but I never build a single rail with 2 trains on it, so neither will the AI.. but don't worry: not all rails will be double-tracks ;)

ps: just finished trucks.. it rulez ;)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

networks would certainly be possible for the AI, just kind of complicated to make.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Akalamanaia wrote:networks would certainly be possible for the AI, just kind of complicated to make.
Yeah, it is also possible to make an AI that talkes like a human, things like a human, makes mistakes like a human...

it is only kind of complicated...

sigh....

Let's keep it real, shall we?
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

one thing for shure i would want to see AI try make routes that dont endanger road vehicles, and also it able to make tunnels under diagonal lines by itself or adjust the line if it is its.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Hey, I-Robot is real! Right? :D
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Is this a total rehaul of the AI?

ie, old one completely destroyed and new one being made?

if so then it would be possible to get the network to make networks, or at least two way tracks between two platforms.

if not, then I hope someone will do soon.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Born Acorn wrote:Is this a total rehaul of the AI?

if so then it would be possible to get the network to make networks, or at least two way tracks between two platforms.

Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed Reply and start typing?
norfolksouthern37
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by norfolksouthern37 »

well its just that its not always the best cost, nor is it realistic, at least here. im not against double tracked lines, but the ai should at least not make them all the time, in my opinion it would become just as useless as the current AI making stupid squiggly routes with many passing sidings right near one another. it should be based on the traffic density and funds wether the tracks are double or not. this would add the right amount of realism.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

TrueLight wrote:

Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed Reply and start typing?
did you read my post entirly or just the bottom part.

I was referrring to networks.
Building two routes like that which cross on the level, and do the simplest junction. Then the Ai can check what stations are connected and build the new trains.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Born Acorn wrote:
TrueLight wrote:

did you read my post entirly or just the bottom part.

I was referrring to networks.
Building two routes like that which cross on the level, and do the simplest junction. Then the Ai can check what stations are connected and build the new trains.
Let me quote myself (again)
TrueLight wrote: (..)
About that train network: we humans always like network. Put as many trains on one rails and enjoy it. It is far from efficient. The AI will not support this. Not because it can not be build, but because it cost too much, and too much can go wrong, for which you need a logic brain to figure out (which for sure an AI has not, and most humans neither ;))
So it will build rails from one station to an other. When there is enough cargo, it will even build a second line and station, if the patch is enable for expanding train stations ;)
(..)
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

Maybe make the AI build train "networks" like roads? So that initially, it will build a point-to-point double track, say from a coal mine to powerstation, then if it finds another coalmine, connect that to the existing track?
<!-- End Of Post !-->
Ceptorian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ceptorian »

Hi,

I started 2 times the new AI-Map... and the AI build the SAME strange airplane-route ;)

Edit because big picture: I saw that too late ;) ... don't explode... it's all ok... be nice... drink tea ;)
Attachments
Fort Fredhead Cross Transport, 10. Mai 2000.sav
(72.71 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
airplane_ai.jpg
airplane_ai.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 2658 times
Last edited by Ceptorian on 14 Aug 2004 20:56, edited 2 times in total.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

use ttd.exe instead of open.ttd exe :roll: and i thought ai was only supposed to use buses :roll:
Ceptorian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ceptorian »

Akalamanaia wrote:use ttd.exe instead of open.ttd exe :roll: and i thought ai was only supposed to use buses :roll:
damn.. I forgot it :roll: ... I tested it last week with ttd.exe :roll: ...just ignore or delete the posts, admin ;)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

i hope you can make the AI use boats and canales wisely. :D
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Hmm, i miss AI chanals... They'd be needed to make a good interesting map, as i never use other things then trains :P

All othe systems are too point to point for my liking :P
AlienDNA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlienDNA »

After a few years, the AI suddenly quits building anything. A bus got smashed, and it didn't replace it. When I checked, I noticed he hadn't been doing anything for a few years, while I was only playing for 5 years... And his money isn't the problem...

I attached the savegame. I also noticed this (see screenshot). Other than that, the routebuilding seem quite ok.

BTW, I played using today's nightly, with the new AI enabled. I started in 2000, just like the test-map.
Attachments
Blue Thunder Transport, 5th Jun 2005.sav
(104.77 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Blue Thunder Transport, 12th Jun 2005.png
Blue Thunder Transport, 12th Jun 2005.png (22.56 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
"I'm gonna rip his leg off and kick him with it!", Sanjuro, Shogo-MAD
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

AlienDNA wrote:After a few years, the AI suddenly quits building anything. A bus got smashed, and it didn't replace it. When I checked, I noticed he hadn't been doing anything for a few years, while I was only playing for 5 years... And his money isn't the problem...

I attached the savegame. I also noticed this (see screenshot). Other than that, the routebuilding seem quite ok.

BTW, I played using today's nightly, with the new AI enabled. I started in 2000, just like the test-map.
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9576

There you can post your problems with the new AI, and you can also read about the limitations. It is far from complete, and one of the things are: no check of the route. So even if all vehicles are loosing money, or one is destroyed, it is never replaced/sold/what so ever.

Sometimes it looks like it stops doing anything. It mostly is because it can not find any suitable routes anymore.

That double station.. I will look into it. Most likely it is because there are already too many trucks going to one station. Tnx for reporting :)

[Edit]
Ah, found it. You are using an old version of the AI. Please download a nightly build (some don't have the new AI builded in yet, tomorrow they all will) and try it again :)
[/Edit]
Mad Dog McKill
President
President

Post by Mad Dog McKill »

I am not sure why this was not reported (maybe because it is a minor bug).. well the AI keeps on building extensions that lead nowhere and take up precious space near its truck bays. No such problem with buses.

Here is a pic that shows what I mean

P.S. can someone tell me why my AI doesn't build any trains.. only road vehicles.. when I disabled road vehicles, they were just doing nothing :?
Attachments
Unnamed, 17th Jun 1956.png
Unnamed, 17th Jun 1956.png (86.31 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
OT: By FIREMARK: "Limitation disturbs me very sprites. Goes it throw out limitation?"
My Last.fm Profile
My Facebook Profile

Return to “General OpenTTD”