Has anyone ever seen signals like this before?

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Has anyone ever seen signals like this before?

Post by JustMoreMemes »

One of my savegames has sephamore signals in this style, and I don't know why. Even when I deleted all my NewGRFs (like actually removed them from the hard drive) these sprites still appear when I load my savegame, implying they're somehow built into the vanilla game. I can't get the default signals back for this savegame no matter what I do, and I can't get them in any other save because none of my NewGRFs seem to have them.
Attachments
OpenTTD Weirdsignal.png
OpenTTD Weirdsignal.png (11.64 KiB) Viewed 183 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Has anyone ever seen signals like this before?

Post by jfs »

It's a semaphore signal, it's built into the game. When you click the Signals button on the Railway Construction toolbar, you should get a window that lets you select what kind of signal you want to build. You can select between semaphore signals and color light signals there.

Semaphore and color light signals work the same in OpenTTD, the only difference is how they look.
JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Has anyone ever seen signals like this before?

Post by JustMoreMemes »

Thanks, someone on reddit helped me figure out why I was confused. It turns out this is the sephamore sprite used for right hand traffic, I've been using left hand traffic for literally every other save I've ever played for this game so I'd never seen it before. I was aware of sephamores, but only the left hand traffic sephamore sprites whcih are a little different. Sorry for wasting your time.

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”