Hutt enterprise studios' workshop

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Mrsunman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Hutt enterprise studios' workshop

Post by Mrsunman »

I figured that I should post here more often, and instead of using a topic for a single Grf, I could create one of those "Workshop" topics which I am a fan of :D
Welcome to HES' workshop. Here I will post my progress for newgrf making, and what I plan to do. I am open for suggestions and tips, and I plan for many large scale projects in the future (Mostly building related, but I do plan a roadset, road objects set and possibly a station set?)
I thank you all for the support you all have given me in the past, And I hope to use this place as an area to give back to the community :mrgreen:
Mrsunman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Hutt enterprise studios' workshop

Post by Mrsunman »

Current progress:
Currently working on a building object set which will add onto Fridaemon's set. I thank him very much for coding it up, and I hope to integrate some interesting techniques from my older set "Hutt city objects" for things like extra tall buildings.
This is the set so far:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 101809.png
Screenshot 2024-03-12 101809.png (506.91 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Currently I am only working on office buildings, but next month (And the month after) I plan on working on residential buildings. I'm not putting too much work into Highrise offices (Or the largest buildings possible with normal openttd bounding boxes), since there are many sets which have plenty of them, such as CO, (As I mentioned earlier) FO and Generic skyscrapers pack. Instead, I'm hoping on working on lower office buildings you would see in a suburban office park, as well as extra tall buildings ( Or as i call it, the Modular Megatall Skyscraper, or MMS for short :D ) which utilize two buildings placed directly above each other and "Merge", creating a larger building. I plan for 8 of the extra-tall towers before this set gets publicized. I am open to suggestions of buildings which aren't landmarks (Those come later :wink: ), but are still good looking Highrise offices to translate into openttd.
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

Mrsunman wrote: 11 Mar 2024 23:24 Current progress:
Currently working on a building object set which will add onto Fridaemon's set. I thank him very much for coding it up, and I hope to integrate some interesting techniques from my older set "Hutt city objects" for things like extra tall buildings.
This is the set so far:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 101809.png
Currently I am only working on office buildings, but next month (And the month after) I plan on working on residential buildings. I'm not putting too much work into Highrise offices (Or the largest buildings possible with normal openttd bounding boxes), since there are many sets which have plenty of them, such as CO, (As I mentioned earlier) FO and Generic skyscrapers pack. Instead, I'm hoping on working on lower office buildings you would see in a suburban office park, as well as extra tall buildings ( Or as i call it, the Modular Megatall Skyscraper, or MMS for short :D ) which utilize two buildings placed directly above each other and "Merge", creating a larger building. I plan for 8 of the extra-tall towers before this set gets publicized. I am open to suggestions of buildings which aren't landmarks (Those come later :wink: ), but are still good looking Highrise offices to translate into openttd.
It looks very good!
I don't know about others, but I would welcome more townhouses that make up streets and town centers. And it doesn't necessarily have to be just old houses. Even in city centers there can be new, modern residential and office buildings. But it would be good if they were simply built next to each other, wall to wall.
Houses that stand alone and do not connect to neighboring houses, therefore do not form a street, there are too many of them in other graphics. It would like to focus on town or village centres.
There are really a lot of skyscrapers and tall buildings in other different graphics.
I know that graphic design is very difficult (I tried to do it myself, but I couldn't do it). So sorry to bother you. But thanks anyway!

I wish everyone a nice day!
Mrsunman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mrsunman »

belgi wrote: 12 Mar 2024 00:49
It looks very good!
I don't know about others, but I would welcome more townhouses that make up streets and town centers. And it doesn't necessarily have to be just old houses. Even in city centers there can be new, modern residential and office buildings. But it would be good if they were simply built next to each other, wall to wall.
Houses that stand alone and do not connect to neighboring houses, therefore do not form a street, there are too many of them in other graphics. It would like to focus on town or village centres.
There are really a lot of skyscrapers and tall buildings in other different graphics.
I know that graphic design is very difficult (I tried to do it myself, but I couldn't do it). So sorry to bother you. But thanks anyway!

I do plan on some 4-5 storey apartments, which I guess would be townhouses, but I am also thinking of doing new-york style wall-to-wall apartments, which could fit in a historic neighborhood. maybe even some mixed use ones?
belgi wrote: 12 Mar 2024 00:49 So sorry to bother you. But thanks anyway!
Don't be, I love getting ideas from people, and I thank you for commenting here. :D
belgi
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by belgi »

Mrsunman wrote: 12 Mar 2024 02:57
belgi wrote: 12 Mar 2024 00:49
It looks very good!

I do plan on some 4-5 storey apartments, which I guess would be townhouses, but I am also thinking of doing new-york style wall-to-wall apartments, which could fit in a historic neighborhood. maybe even some mixed use ones?

I'm looking forward to that. It will probably be great ;-)

I wish you a nice day
Mrsunman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mrsunman »

Finished the taller skyscrapers, now there are 6 (Should be enough for a distinct skyline) , and I'm moving onto smaller scale offices again :D
Attachments
The new 2 towers, one which is a bit short, and another which is more than 400 pixels tall!
The new 2 towers, one which is a bit short, and another which is more than 400 pixels tall!
Screenshot 2024-03-15 195049.png (56.86 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Mrsunman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mrsunman »

Made some larger sized offices, two are 4x4 and two are 3x4, rotated front and side. I think these larger units would be quite nice to plop around empty spaces :D . Might continue until I have a few more to add some extra variety.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-17 155739.png
Screenshot 2024-03-17 155739.png (64.81 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

Return to “Graphics Development”