Question re: Settings (Expert) from Main Screen

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Question re: Settings (Expert) from Main Screen

Post by AntoninKyrene »

Hello!

This question may have been asked and answered. I apologize if it had, but my legendary forum search skills did not uncover the answer. I run the Linux version of OpenTTD.

I normally assign a new sub-version of OpenTTD to a new VM. Each new sub-version requires me to customize the Expert Settings to my preferences. This can be time-consuming; however, I've done it this way for years because I am a creature of habit. I do start with a "Base" setup and then clone that folder as needed, so within the same sub-version, this is not an issue. But with version hopping, is there a configuration file that could be copied and pasted into a new instance?

Said another way, can the file that controls the settings be copied from a v14 RC1 instance into what will probably be the v14 RC2 instance?

Thank you!
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Question re: Settings (Expert) from Main Screen

Post by jfs »

https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Archive/Man ... penttd.cfg

The information on that page is rather out of date, since the configuration was split into multiple files a while ago, but it should be relatively easy to discover how things look now.
AntoninKyrene
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Question re: Settings (Expert) from Main Screen

Post by AntoninKyrene »

Yes, this is helpful. It does look like I can do it, albeit having to note the changes between sub-versions, which doesn't look too difficult.

Thank you!
Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan

Return to “General OpenTTD”