Help for a not good player

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kisspaulinekiss
Engineer
Engineer

Help for a not good player

Post by kisspaulinekiss »

Hello,

I have a lot of questions because I am not a good player.
I am Belgian and my English is so bad.
So, do it exist a forum for the francophone?
Sometime, the municipalities don't accept a change. Normally, when the time goes on we receive new type of rails for the trains.
So, how do everything change with the municipalities? (I kwow we can buy advertisements or other thing to decrease the restrictions of one municipality but it would be expensive if we do buy in each municipality to do change or to build another station, airport, ...).
I would like to play with other players.
So, are they multiplayer game somewhere?
If someone have information about the use of red lights to roll along several trains on the same way, I'm all ears.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Vicente_Estate
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Help for a not good player

Post by Vicente_Estate »

Hello :)
I can answer some of your questions
For the problem of the municipalities there are a setting to make the local authority more permisive, browse in the "Settings" button on the main menu or in the "Options" button on the toolbar when the game is running.
To enter multiplayer games you have to press "Multiplayer" button on the main menu, and then "Browse on intenet" button. (You need a stable version of OpenTTD, like 13.4)
Finally, for the red lights and other problems -> wiki.openttd.org -> Search "signals" or the same word in french. (La wiki no es completa, pero es funcional para empezar a jugar).
Jugador de OpenTTD desde hace mucho tiempo
OpenTTD player long time ago
eekee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Help for a not good player

Post by eekee »

Municipalities like you planting trees, hate you destroying trees houses or their roads. Over time, they like you taking passengers and cargo, they dislike stations with no service. The wiki has more details, with numbers. It's a little strange in places. Near the edge of a town, it can be better to destroy a town road than a tree. :)
Extreme network builder. screenshot thread

Return to “General OpenTTD”