Signal help

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kongbuur
Engineer
Engineer

Signal help

Post by kongbuur »

Hello.

Is there a way to make the train coming from the right (or east) wanting to go down (south) just wait a second in stead of calculating the alternative route through the X in front of the station? BTW: There is a train in the left tunnel just a second before the video starts, blocking the path, so the other train picks the route through the station (causing all sorts of problems regularly)

Can I signal my way out of it? Or make another station (terminus) design that does not feel like a nice shortcut for my train?

May look confusing. But: avoiding this how?:

odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Signal help

Post by odisseus »

Check your signals at the junction. A single signal facing the wrong way can prevent the train from taking the cloverleaf turn.
kongbuur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kongbuur »

Thanks, but they can pass in all directions. This also happens when the first train takes the correct route through the cloverleaf. Then the next one behind it goes through the cross in front of the station. I'm using one way path signals and there is another path to go, I cannot argue with that. But I want it to stop and wait for the correct one. Maybe one block signal? Or some entry/exit magic? Or getting rid of the cross, somehow. Maybe stations and big cloverleaves shouldn't be this close?

This could also be because I'm playing around with trains going 6000 km/h, so they don't have much time to think :)
mudcat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mudcat »

How about turning on no 90 degree?
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

There's a setting relating to dis/allowing trains to do 90° turns. If you turn that off, it SHOULD stop the trains from doing the u-turn in front of the station.
kongbuur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kongbuur »

Hmm... that could work. My logic never thought of that as 90 degrees. But of course it is. D'oh! I'll give it a go - and wonder where I get a new problem because something needs to use its' 90 degree turn ;)
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Yes, turning off 90 degree turns will definitely solve this particular problem (and might uncover some other routing problems). However, I wonder why the trains choose the route that has the 90 degree turn in the first place. It should have quite a steep pathfinder penalty.

Return to “General OpenTTD”