What do you prefer

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nordic player
Engineer
Engineer

What do you prefer

Post by Nordic player »

There is a lot of option inn chooses about train me venhciles. I have try out some of them. Today I would recomind Timberwolf.
It is a complete list of train and trucks from Gb. chose off train have an tactical option. . Is there something that come upp to Timberwolf. It is a full set with roadvenchiles and trains. Good graphics ,Goos balance and authentic is my reason, but is there other set that could be more interesting worht to try out
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Re: What do you prefer

Post by nihues »

I like xUSSR set (rails, trains and wagons), it's awesome and very balanced (same author of ECS), with distinct functionalities for wagons/trains/rails. I play with never expire with this one, sometimes I miss some wagons specially early years.

It's very challenging like Timberwolf (that is also an awesome set of roads/rails/trains).

Also Polroad for roads.
Mop expanded Road Vehicles is a good overall up to date set too.

I did not played with all the Japan and JP+ stuff yet, but it's also a very good/balanced/hard to master set, with many options.

But there are many others, just different flavors and/or settings to tweak to get the same feeling as you like to play.

I like a little more challenging and high maintenance costs for example, a line should pay itself in 2-3-4 years to get more interesting for me and can eventually be negative if I do some dumb stuff or not optimize lines.
Nordic player
Engineer
Engineer

Re: What do you prefer

Post by Nordic player »

Thank you for information. I like to play with venhciles and train I know and ,bur it would b r interesting to try out. Timberwolf ofee a interesting.. How you choose your train have influence and there is a bit of railway history. Ikarus 6 is a interesting bus grf with the whole history of a legendary bus from east Europe. I have try out German venhciles. There is asetra buss and Mercedes but if ai don't remember wrong it have a terrible Balance. Earlier I load so.much grf I could load, but now O load only tht I need. One set with train trucks rand buses is the best. Graphics have much to say for me and I use a grf that give me 8bp graphic on the map. Industrial station and iiss . I don't like the orginal dock. I like to play with vessels when it is natural . Right now I playing with firds4. I haven't try out this version off firs before. I played some games with ecs earlier ,but I like firs better. I need to be lucky with the map an om struggling enought. There be more heavy traffic we earlier inn the game. Try to learn to set signals right place and use combi signala . There been a complex with ore, coal and as tewl on the same track. I have fond out that is betrer to make four track them double track , Easier and it five a track to faster train. I have play this game since 1995 the orginal transport tycoon but I have been a good track builder. I meet the wall . Inn the latest game I came to 1989 before it crash. I give upp this round and start again. Try to analyze the problem. Coal ,ore steel . Industri tools chemicals and goods in the same track . I know that is possible to have many train on the same track but I always got problem inn the game. Maybe it is combi signals I need to build . I use path signals somethimes block signals inn the junction I play without inflasjon and cost of infrastrure . That give me the right mod ai like to play. I find it much more fun to play without inflasjon
Many reason but it is more easy to get familiar with the number and more challenging,because you need a good busroite to reach the goal . With inflasjon you can easy meet the goal with only roadvenchiles the cost om infrastructure do that I must think and be smarter with track laiing . Dualtraxk is very expensive and I have played game there the cost have been to high because I make dualtraxk that have a high cost of maintained. There a lot of complex and my biggest challenge is tracks and signals . The material that exist about that theme I find only Dr Hellish interesting

Return to “General OpenTTD”