Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GregLive
Engineer
Engineer

Combine City zone and coverage for easier access and visibility

Post by GregLive »

Hi,

in the City window at the bottom right you can activate "coverage" to see which buildings aren't covered by stations (red highlighted tiles). When you click the button besides it "local authority" it opens up the window where you have the button "zone" (top right) which highlights the tiles (gray) which belong to the city. These tiles influence your standing when you change them in build mode.
Both buttons activate a highlighting of tiles, which are both relevant for the descision making about the way a player wants to build tracks, roads, stations or manipulate the surface and so on.
So why not combine them?
Pros:
- easier access: one button in the first window, no opening of a second window required, no second mouse movement and click.
- more relevant insight: the player gets two relevant insights with one click. When first the zone tiles are highlighted and after that the coverage, there should be no mistakes in the highlighting because the precise coverage is the last highlighting routine running.
- less open windows to manage manually
- reduced efforts for deactivation - only one button.

Cons:
-I currently don't see any.

To me personally the "zone" (the button in the sub-window) is even more important than the coverage, because when I enter the city area with a new station (busstop ...) and overlay an existing one, I already see which area is covered and which is not.

Thanks for your feedback and thank you guys a very lot for your efforts!
All the best Greg

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”