China Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: China Set - Development

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

cainiao252 wrote: 12 Feb 2024 15:33 hoping to fix the graphics problem quickly :) :) :)
Have you tried the new version?
The dev team thinks it has been fixed since version 0.1.0, when all sprites were replaced by MagicaVoxel output.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
shanoaice
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shanoaice »

One of the best China Train GRF I've ever been playing :) Thanks for your effort.
Just a little thought, in theory CR400BF should be able to run at 380 or 400km/h speed, and also CR200J-A long version could also ran at 200km/h (2 motor cars are effectively equivalent to HXD1G/HXD3G which is designed to be ran at 200km/h). Have you considered giving them a refit option?
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

shanoaice wrote: 29 Feb 2024 00:49 One of the best China Train GRF I've ever been playing :) Thanks for your effort.
Just a little thought, in theory CR400BF should be able to run at 380 or 400km/h speed, and also CR200J-A long version could also ran at 200km/h (2 motor cars are effectively equivalent to HXD1G/HXD3G which is designed to be ran at 200km/h). Have you considered giving them a refit option?
Sorry, the answer is "no".

This set is based on the real operation speed. The real operation speed of Fuxing CR-Series EMU is roughly "series number - 50" km/h, which is 350 for CR400-Series, 250 for CR300-Series, and 160 for CR200-Series. The reason why CRH380-Series EMUs have 350/380 km/h refit is they were really intended to operate that fast, but due to complex reasons such as cost issues, the change of administrators of China Railway, and the public rumour crisis caused by an accident, they are limited to 310 km/h now. There is a general rule: experiment speed > design speed > operation speed.

In real life, CR200J Series are mainly used to "upgrade" loco-hauled trains on conventional lines (increased ticket prices accordingly), and there is a faster CR450 Series (to be operated at 400 km/h) under early development.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
shanoaice
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shanoaice »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 01 Mar 2024 09:52 Sorry, the answer is "no".

This set is based on the real operation speed. The real operation speed of Fuxing CR-Series EMU is roughly "series number - 50" km/h, which is 350 for CR400-Series, 250 for CR300-Series, and 160 for CR200-Series. The reason why CRH380-Series EMUs have 350/380 km/h refit is they were really intended to operate that fast, but due to complex reasons such as cost issues, the change of administrators of China Railway, and the public rumour crisis caused by an accident, they are limited to 310 km/h now. There is a general rule: experiment speed > design speed > operation speed.

In real life, CR200J Series are mainly used to "upgrade" loco-hauled trains on conventional lines (increased ticket prices accordingly), and there is a faster CR450 Series (to be operated at 400 km/h) under early development.
I see, thanks, though what about the 200km/h capable HXD1G/HXD3G? Or should these be left for the Trains Extra set?
Last edited by shanoaice on 01 Mar 2024 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Finally, another major version...

In China Set: Trains 0.2.0.151, you may find you are excessively using CRH6 Series suburban EMUs despite the lack in reality of commuter railway systems (and if any, large cities only) in China. And another semi-high-speed locomotive, HXD1D, is out, although it is pretty similar to HXD3D in functionality.

And you will have a high-speed sleeper EMU, CRH1E, for night traffic; a renewed version of CRH2 Series claiming to be able to be used in cold, sandstorm weather and high altitude, CRH2G; and a new CRH380 Series, CRH380CL - you can use short consists although there are only 16-car long consist in real life!

If there is something more, it should be NX70A - a type of container flatcar with 70 tons of capacity and 120 km/h of top speed. Finally, all freight trains can go that fast!

Changelog:

Code: Select all

0.2.0.151 (2/3/2024)
--------------------
Fix #38: CRH1E unable to attach sleeper carriages

0.2.0.150 (2/3/2024)
--------------------
Merged wuwu (kaitokiwa) and babel-TTT branch
Add: NX70A (coded by wuwu), HXD1D (coded by babel)
Add: CRH6A-(Jingtong, Tianfu, Guangshen, Guangzhu, Jinshan, Zhengjiao, Zhuji, Zhusanjiao), CRH6A-A-(Tianfu, Guangqing, Guangzhu), CRH6F-(Foshan, Jinshan, Xiaoyong), 25G-Xihu, CRH1E, CRH380CL, CRH2G
Attachments
CST-151-Features.png
Features of the new version.
(1.04 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
WenSim
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WenSim »

China Set: Platforms and Stations RELEASED

Contains platforms and stations inspired by Chinese railway stations.

Requires OpenTTD 14.0 or higher.
Attachments
屏幕截图 2024-03-02 164203.png
(1.66 MiB) Not downloaded yet
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

We have created a GitHub organization for the China Set Project:
https://github.com/OpenTTD-China-Set

Also, it seems forum announcements were omitted for the recent releases, only announced on discord...

So if anyone don't know,
China Set: Trains 0.2.2.157
- Finally includes a type of steam locomotive, SY (Shangyou), although it was made for industrial railways and wasn't expected to be fast and strong.
- About diesels, huge amount of variants and liveries of DF4 series, including but not limited to DF4B (New Bodyshell) and DF4E, were added, along with DF5-KZ (Diesel shunter), DF11Z, ND5 (imported from United States), HXN5.
- Including the first 25AC locomotive made in China, 6Y1/SS1; semi-high-speed electric locos, SS7D, SS9, SS9G; HXD1, FXD1 for heavy freight needs.
- Adding multiple liveries of 22-Type Coaches; 25-Type Mainline Coaches and the according TZ2 air-condition generator coach.
- About freight wagons: G17, GN80 (Tankers), P61, P63, PB (Boxcars).

Oh, and one thing not in the picture: CR300BF.
CST-157-Poster.png
China Set: Trains 0.2.1.157 Poster
(2.49 MiB) Not downloaded yet
China Set: Trains 0.2.1.155
- Add: CR400AF, CRH380A, CRH380AL (Long consist), CR200J-C (Short and long consists);
- Early multiple units (before CRH is a thing), including NZJ1-Xinshuguang (New Twilight), NZJ2-Jinlun (Golden Wheel) (Single and Double Decker versions);
- Jinhua-Wenzhou Railway Livery of DF4(B) and 25G coaches;
- DF (alternative names: Julong / ND), a diesel locomotive before the presence of DF4;
- 6Y2, electric locomotive imported from France;
- YZ31, a type of commuter coach with capacity of 300 - Yes, really that crowded!
cst-155.png
China Set: Trains 0.2.1.155 Poster
(1.65 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生

Return to “Graphics Development”