Updating the Curve Land and Fracland series (WIP)

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
ahyangyi
Engineer
Engineer

Updating the Curve Land and Fracland series (WIP)

Post by ahyangyi »

Hi, everyone.

13 years ago, I uploaded a bunch of random height maps I generated with fractal flame algorithms. Even at a time when we didn't have many options, those height maps were probably among the weirdo options that nobody asked for. :D

Still, I also received messages praising the different gameplay possibilities offered by those maps. And it was also fun watching the AIs fighting on these ridiculous maps.

Anyways, at that time I generated them at the largest resolution I could (2048*2048). However, I see that now OpenTTD supports even bigger maps, and JGRPP, even larger. People are creating 8192*8192 height maps and scenarios.

And, surprisingly, most of the original fractal configuration files are still extant, so I figured out that I can regenerate them at larger resolutions...

-------------------------

For the Curve Lands, their main feature is the long winded islands. I make sure that when you downsize them to the original size (usually 2048*2048), the islands are still connected as before, but the map can also be played at higher resolutions without the annoying aliasing effects.

Curve Land 1 (Uploaded!)
[+] Spoiler
Curve Land 2 (WIP)
Curve Land 3 (Uploaded!)
[+] Spoiler
-------------------------

For those Fraclands, I don't think they have much defining features, they just have weird mountains and coastlines. So I'll generally just rebuild them to larger sizes and see what happens.

Fracland 1 (WIP)
Fracland 2 (WIP)
Fracland 3 (WIP)
Fracland 4 (WIP)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”