Quast65's TramTrackSet (v002 released on BaNaNas 30-05-2023)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Quast65's TramTrackSet (v002 released on BaNaNas 30-05-2023)

Post by Kruemelchen »

Brickblock1 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 07:39 It is probably better to have the sets add roadtypes that they don't define into the powered_roadtype_list asuming that the vehicles should be able to traverse those road/tracks. This does however currently not support having multible roads with the same features so that would have to be fixed by limiting the speed class to a smaller selection of letters, this would lead to roads being overriden which isn't ideal but there isn't much we can do about it. I do however think it might be worth standardising some types such as chips/irs ground and possibly covered roads/tracks, these would then use numbers in order to be not be interfering with other roads. This does have issues where we might have to update the spec in the future in order to allow more distinct types but I don't see a way around that.
I kind of assumed this to be the way of doing this :oops:

In my eyes, it is not avoidable to have roads/tracks override each other. Players could change the load order in order to choose between different styles of the same road/track type, which is not ideal, but possible.

For special types such as CHIPS ground or covered tracks etc. I think, too, we would need to gather the labels in the wiki, as they are being created.
Brickblock1 wrote: 02 Jun 2023 07:39 Or we just don't make roadsets compatible with each other which would mean that the standard becomes easier to understand.
In the end it is up to the GRF author to decide that, but I would find it easier, if the standard would strive for interoperability between road/track sets, as this would make life easier for players who want to combine different sets together. (Especially if the 64 road/tram type ID limit might being lifted sometime in the future OR a decoration overlay sees implementation)
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Having some fun with Eyecandy Tramtypes:
Example834.png
Example834.png (56.28 KiB) Viewed 437 times
The trees and lights are coded as catenary, so will stay visible or be hidden when a vehicle drives past them.

And they are snow-aware (the canals freeze and the trees loose their leaves)
Example835.png
Example835.png (26.44 KiB) Viewed 437 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In the tropics you can see that the shade of the grass is a little different, but that's fine, it's not as big a difference as in the subarctic. Moreover, this is common in nature anyway, the grass is not the same anywhere. :)
It's strange, until now I thought grass in the tropics was the same color as in temperate climates.

Return to “Graphics Development”