Ideas, volume 2

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

russkie12
Engineer
Engineer

Re:

Post by russkie12 »

Indraunt wrote:I apologise if I repeat anything said before - I'm buggered if I'm reading through 35 pages of suggestions.
Here's my two cents worth.
There should be many options which constitute a difficulty setting, including things like:
-Map size
-Number of cities/industries etc
-Hills/rivers/ocean/etc
-Nations - this would make things trickier. Selecting this option would split the map into several to lots of small nations (Set limits for nations, bigger maps would have quite a few, but smaller maps would only have some). Different nations would have different attitudes towards your company, some could be communist/empirical/etc. Each one would have varying preferences for the type of company they want building on their land. The system would be a bit like that in Railroad Tycoon 2, but more complex.
You could even go as far as having periods of war, where you would get contracts for the transport of arms, governments could take over your rail network and such like.
Little details like different architecture in different nations would make things pretty!
Oh, and different nations may produce different types of engines and the like, accepting supply contracts from one would prevent purchasing vehicles made by some others.
Keep in mind that this all would make for a HARD difficulty setting!
Aside from that, I think industries should have limits to ho much they can produce, and how much raw materials they can accept per month.
Cheers,
Indraunt
I'd like to see these implemented... :roll: :bow:
I've never been in a trial before... Let the trial begin!
russkie12
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ideas, volume 2

Post by russkie12 »

Hey, isn't ANYBODY listening to Indraunt?
I've never been in a trial before... Let the trial begin!
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

At least you!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
NukeBuster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NukeBuster »

We are currently in the proces of cleaning up the Transport Empire Engine. Until that is done we can't work on any new features.

But ideas and support are alway welcome ofcourse.
NukeBuster

Transport Empire: The Transport Empire Linux effort
Join the Transport Empire IRC channel: [url]irc://irc.oftc.net/transportempire[/url] !

OpenTTD patch(es): Password at join
OMGitsDAVE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OMGitsDAVE »

I have a few ideas including:
- Tramways (Currently used)
- Guided Busways. Like those being built in Cambridge, UK.
- Articulated Buses (Bendy)
- Current Locomotion trains to be brought forward, and added to.
DingeZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DingeZ »

I'm thinking of a completly different guiding system. The train runs on a 'route' not on waypoints. You choose the rail it will use. Also an either/or rail can be chosen. This means the train may take this rail, but also may take the other (which you also pointed out). You can also choose pieces of track a train may NEVER come. This will prevent trains from getting lost.
Secondly. Make tunnels, not underground tracks. If a piece is built underground it will automaticly create a tunnel, just a cube around the piece. If 2 tunnels are next to each other they expand. When they're along each other a bit longer they instandly make pillars between (just like electricity poles). This is also vitil if you want to implent a ride cam.
Also, make choosable electricity poles. Not only different poles (like concrete or steel) but also portals. If a portal spans more then 2 or 3 tracks it automaticly makes extra pillars in between the tracks.
Make the trains 'coupable' based on theire couplings. A locomotive with hook couplings can't couple with an EMU with Scharfenberg or BSI couplings. Also let them depend on theire height. For example, the older Dutech EMU/DMU's can't couple with the newer ones because the olders' are lower. Also, make 'freight' car with different couplings on either side (like hook on 1 side and Scharfenbergs on the other so a locomotive can tow an EMU).

And last (maybe too far). DX11 support? If that would be possible. Because the tessalisation in DX11 can make it look much better.
djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djlazy »

Hello i am newbie on the forums! so it is nice to meet all of you. I have played tons of tycoon, and comupter games in genral, and i have been playing the transport tycoon serise for agggges, i have just recntly moved on to locomotion! With is ok, but for me northing will beat open ttd anyway, what i would like to see in this game that you are making are these things:-

1>Don't go over the top on the 3d in fact i think that the graphics in locomotion for example are fine! If anyone remembers roller coaster tycoon 2 graphics, there where prefect for that game, and then number 3 came out, and it was like FAIL!
2>BIG MAPS! like the bigger the better i say!
3>Have a mode with is just a sandbox or do what ever you want, and give us a ton of money to start off with. I hate waiting and building up my founte when all i really want to do is create the ebst transport network ever, If you don't people will jsut demand a trainer or make a cheat progam etc.
4>Online play!
5>able to custom trains, singles track building etc.
6>I would put a heavy enfurise on making a rebus rotue system for the vehiles and a give the player the chance to make complexs train network if there want to. Do you know a progam called Bahn? that is the a good example of how you could make complex, but easy to use train networks. The basic idea is that you can give a train a unique name, or a number of trains a certain rotue, ie these 5 rote are on rotue 5. And then in bahn the points and even the singles act as waypoints, so basicly you say route 5 go left and these points and route 6 you go right. How it works with the singles, is that when route 5 goes through a single to turn it red it can turn another single somewhere eles green, or red. So you see you can create extremelly complex networks this way, Cheek out bahn as well here is the link http://www.jbss.de/hpg_eng.htm
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

djlazy wrote:...3>Have a mode with is just a sandbox or do what ever you want, and give us a ton of money to start off with. I hate waiting and building up my founte when all i really want to do is create the ebst transport network ever, If you don't people will jsut demand a trainer or make a cheat progam etc.
The only person demanding is you, in every bloody topic...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
djlazy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by djlazy »

Twiggy wrote:
djlazy wrote:...3>Have a mode with is just a sandbox or do what ever you want, and give us a ton of money to start off with. I hate waiting and building up my founte when all i really want to do is create the ebst transport network ever, If you don't people will jsut demand a trainer or make a cheat progam etc.
The only person demanding is you, in every bloody topic...
I am not demanding, i am getting staright to the point. This is what i would want and that is what i would feel would happen, sorry if you don;t like that, :|

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”