[Linux 64-Bit] OpenTTD 13.0 Flatpak: sound only, no video.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MartinC
Engineer
Engineer

[Linux 64-Bit] OpenTTD 13.0 Flatpak: sound only, no video.

Post by MartinC »

Hi there.

Today I solved this by installing the Snap package (13.1), but untill now, the options available on the Software center were the .deb packege (12.1) and the Flatpak (13.0). The .deb package works just fine. The problem is, I use OpenTTD for multiplayer mostly, and it's a good idea to have the latest version because some server require it.

So what's the problem I'm having with the Flatpak version 13.0? It has sound only. No window, no taskbar button, nothing. So it doesn't work and I can't seem a way to close it either. So the only solution was to close the session and start another one.

I haven't seen this problem posted. Does this happen to anyone else?
kamnet

Re: [Linux 64-Bit] OpenTTD 13.0 Flatpak: sound only, no video.

Post by kamnet »

The solution would have to be created by whomever is maintaing the Flatpak distribution, which is not the OpenTTD devs.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kamnet wrote: 14 Apr 2023 10:25 The solution would have to be created by whomever is maintaing the Flatpak distribution, which is not the OpenTTD devs.
The repository for the Flathub-package resides on Github. There's an open issue about OpenTTD does not starting but game music does. Maybe your problem is related?

Tschö, Auge
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Flatpak is considered harmful. Consider building the latest version from sources — it is actually quite straightforward, unless your system is heavily customised.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”