A tip on pathfinding.

Talk about the new mobile version of Transport Tycoon (for iOS and Android) released in 2013.
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

A tip on pathfinding.

Post by Martin »

I thought this was worth sharing, I‘ve had a look through previous threads on pathfinding/train routing and I don’t think this exact tip has come up, although I think most other things have.

In playing scenarios I have frequently had trouble with pathfinding as others obviously have too and usually a waypoint on the correct track will suffice. Occasionally however the train still stubbornly goes the wrong way, often in this kind of example where a freight train or similar passes through a station and is meant to take a particular route. One solution I found that sometimes works is to put an additional waypoint before the station, thereby bringing the route in line with the correct track at the junction - ie in this case making waypoint 2 lead to waypoint 3 (I think the dashed lines you can see between stops/waypoints are to give you an idea of where the train should be heading in a direct sense.)

I hope this is useful to some people, I know it can get a bit frustrating if you can’t find a way to send the train the right way. :)
An example of the type of setup I’m referring to.
An example of the type of setup I’m referring to.
1EAAD883-0FF6-43AB-8608-25F997E06B03.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1824 times
:)

Return to “Transport Tycoon (2013)”