Canadian Theme Pack Images by OzTrans

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Canadian Theme Pack Images by OzTrans

Post by SkullKrixzz »

these all look really cool, im envious of your style, also dont think i have some of the train packs you have unfortunately...
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

SkullKrixzz wrote: 27 Mar 2024 19:42 These all look really cool, I'm envious of your style, also don't think I have some of the train packs you have unfortunately...
Thank you for your appreciation ... unfortunately progress is very slow, as all contributors (DanMacK, lifeblood, Oz and wallyweb) to the Canadian Theme Pack have retired. It is now just me that works on it. Beta testing, due to a technical restriction, can only start around April (too late for this year). Why April ? That is about the time when JGR bumps the version number (ID) that can be checked by a GRF. The very first release of the Canadian Theme Pack v4.0 will require version '1F006D64'; but I won't be ready when that happens next month ...
Lurkmore
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lurkmore »

OzTrans wrote: 27 Mar 2024 22:48
SkullKrixzz wrote: 27 Mar 2024 19:42 These all look really cool, I'm envious of your style, also don't think I have some of the train packs you have unfortunately...
Thank you for your appreciation ... unfortunately progress is very slow, as all contributors (DanMacK, lifeblood, Oz and wallyweb) to the Canadian Theme Pack have retired. It is now just me that works on it. Beta testing, due to a technical restriction, can only start around April (too late for this year). Why April ? That is about the time when JGR bumps the version number (ID) that can be checked by a GRF. The very first release of the Canadian Theme Pack v4.0 will require version '1F006D64'; but I won't be ready when that happens next month ...
You're behind schedule? Is there anything that could be done to assist you in other ways than beta testing?
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Lurkmore wrote: 30 Mar 2024 20:52 You're behind schedule? ...
You are not wrong there, but this is a very large project and takes me a lot of time.
... Is there anything that could be done to assist you in other ways than beta testing?
There are many things where I have to waste a lot time on.

= It would be nice to have an updated version of the almost 10 year old NFORenum tool.

= The GRF Specifications are in a shocking condition; would be nice to have them updated regularly. I spend sometimes countless hours shifting through the source code to find answers. BTW, I am only the cook, I do not write recipe books too.

Naturally, I could do with help in drawing things, Normally, I spend an hour or two coding, but drawing then takes me 1 to 2 weeks.

Just, in case, there is an outside change, that someone likes to help. Here are some ideas :

= Canadian Trains and Railways :

. Via Rail - Push/Pull Passenger Train for Québec-Montréal-Toronto-Windsor Corridor. (Siemens won the contract for the SC-42 Charger engine and it's Venture series rolling stock. Each of 32 push/pull trains, a 6 unit train set, consisting of 1 engine, 2 business class, 2 economy class and one cab car with economy class seating.)

. Rocky Mountaineer Tourist Train; consisting of GP40-2 engine and red, silver and gold class passenger coaches.

= Canadian Passenger Stations :

. Windsor

= Metro Stations (Rail/Tram) :

. Angrignon Park

. Other Elevated and Ground-level Metro Stations for Rail and Tram.

Just in case anyone doesn't know what the Canadian Theme Pack is all about ...

The Canadian Theme Pack (CTP), as the name suggests, is 'ALL THINGS CANADIAN', and is a collection of GRFs that change or implement anything the game can throw at players. It consists, at present, of 13 GRFs covering every feature. It is particularly geared at JGR-Patch-Pack. There is no JGR-PP only feature that has not been covered in one way or another. Sometimes I am wondering why there are still OpenTTD 'vanilla' players; once CTP has been released, there shouldn't be any.

Here is an overview of the GRFs currently under 'construction' :

CTP - GRFs [2024-03-29].png
CTP - GRFs [2024-03-29].png (15.91 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
Note : v2.1 of Canadian Trains and Railways has still to be migrated (standard gauge and high speed rail); currently only Narrow Gauge has been done; ISR has still to be re-coded and enhanced, then included in the CTP package as Canadian Freight Stations.

The triangle mark indicates, that the GRF is not or only partially compatible with OpenTTD 'vanilla'.
Lurkmore
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lurkmore »

OzTrans wrote: 31 Mar 2024 23:19
You are not wrong there, but this is a very large project and takes me a lot of time.
That's fair.
Lurkmore wrote: 30 Mar 2024 20:52
... Is there anything that could be done to assist you in other ways than beta testing?

= It would be nice to have an updated version of the almost 10 year old NFORenum tool.

= The GRF Specifications are in a shocking condition; would be nice to have them updated regularly. I spend sometimes countless hours shifting through the source code to find answers. BTW, I am only the cook, I do not write recipe books too.

Naturally, I could do with help in drawing things, Normally, I spend an hour or two coding, but drawing then takes me 1 to 2 weeks.

Just, in case, there is an outside change, that someone likes to help. Here are some ideas :

. Via Rail - Push/Pull Passenger Train for Québec-Montréal-Toronto-Windsor Corridor. (Siemens won the contract for the SC-42 Charger engine and it's Venture series rolling stock. Each of 32 push/pull trains, a 6 unit train set, consisting of 1 engine, 2 business class, 2 economy class and one cab car with economy class seating.)

. Rocky Mountaineer Tourist Train; consisting of GP40-2 engine and red, silver and gold class passenger coaches.

. Windsor

. Angrignon Park

The Canadian Theme Pack (CTP), as the name suggests, is 'ALL THINGS CANADIAN', and is a collection of GRFs that change or implement anything the game can throw at players. It consists, at present, of 13 GRFs covering every feature. It is particularly geared at JGR-Patch-Pack. There is no JGR-PP only feature that has not been covered in one way or another. Sometimes I am wondering why there are still OpenTTD 'vanilla' players; once CTP has been released, there shouldn't be any.

Note : v2.1 of Canadian Trains and Railways has still to be migrated (standard gauge and high speed rail); currently only Narrow Gauge has been done; ISR has still to be re-coded and enhanced, then included in the CTP package as Canadian Freight Stations.

The triangle mark indicates, that the GRF is not or only partially compatible with OpenTTD 'vanilla'.
Oof, I'm not skilled enough at any of these to be of use. Thank you for efforts, I look forward to an eventual release.
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

. Windsor

. Angrignon Park

i unfortunately am unskilled in the world of computers really, but have you considered maybe poking around in the OpenTTD discord? should be some ther ewho have the skills and are willing to help, JGR himself is there even.

on a side note i am interested in many of those GRF's shown in that picture, most specifically the signals... if you want to use real world aspects i could explain that to you as i am a railroader myself currently.... but not sure if youre interested in realism like that or if it would just make more work in the end for you.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

SkullKrixzz wrote: 04 Apr 2024 14:50 i unfortunately am unskilled in the world of computers really, but have you considered maybe poking around in the OpenTTD discord? should be some there who have the skills and are willing to help, JGR himself is there even.
Don't worry ... there is nobody that would like to help out and that includes the GODs.
on a side note i am interested in many of those GRF's shown in that picture, most specifically the signals...
I do try to bring realistic features to life. As for rail signalling; I have implemented the Canadian Railway Operating Rules as close as feasible and possible. These rules consist of about 36 rules covering 125 aspects; not really possible in our world.

The overview below shows what has been implemented; I had to keep it really simple ... we cannot have flashing greens and anything indicating 'speeding up' e.g. medium to clear or slow to clear we cannot do.

CanSig - WB - Signalling Chart.png
CanSig - WB - Signalling Chart.png (7.44 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
Note : Bottom row shows Advance or Banner Repeater signals.
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

OzTrans wrote: 04 Apr 2024 22:41
The overview below shows what has been implemented; I had to keep it really simple ... we cannot have flashing greens and anything indicating 'speeding up' e.g. medium to clear or slow to clear we cannot do.
oh, you cant add flashing signals? i was under the impression that was possible as there is a british set which does have flashing in it. but i do wish the signals could get an over haul for TTD, i know there is a patch for it but not in JGR...as of yet anyway. what you have looks good, tho im unfamiliar with lunar signals myself.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

SkullKrixzz wrote: 05 Apr 2024 00:56 oh, you cant add flashing signals? i was under the impression that was possible ...
We do have flashing colours; yellow and red, but we don't have flashing green. The Advance signal 'Clear to Stop' is in flashing yellow.
SkullKrixzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SkullKrixzz »

OzTrans wrote: 05 Apr 2024 03:16
SkullKrixzz wrote: 05 Apr 2024 00:56 oh, you cant add flashing signals? i was under the impression that was possible ...
We do have flashing colours; yellow and red, but we don't have flashing green. The Advance signal 'Clear to Stop' is in flashing yellow.
oh i see, i had mis-understood then my apologies.

Return to “Screenshots”