Runing very low

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

huerteando
Engineer
Engineer

Runing very low

Post by huerteando »

Hi

I´m currently runin the Open TTD 0.7.0 version, But it happends to me with other versions.

I been playing TTD since I was very young (more than 20 years) and now the game is runin very low, my CPU is working at maximum (I think just one core). I recentrly added 4Gb of RAM, up to 8Gb. And I remember to play this game with a computer worst than mi mobilefone. What is happening? What can I do? I´m no playing big scenarios and I don´t have big train stations or to much buses and trains...

Best regards
kamnet

Re: Runing very low

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD 0.7.0 is ancient. Current version is OpenTTD 13 (1.13.0). So, first, upgrade to that.

Second, OpenTTD only works on a single core. Assuming you're using a modern Intel processor, what you can do tell your OS to run the openttd.exe file on a different core. This may help if you are running a lot of old programs that are not optimized for multi-core processors.
huerteando
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huerteando »

Thank you for your quick response.

I like the old game, with his graphics and that. Can I have the same "look" with the new version?
How I tell the PC to run it on another core? I have 2Gb dual core, I´m going to upgrade it, but those 2Gb should be enougt isn´t?, is a very old game!

Best regards
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The graphics are still the same, just a LOT more new features. And it shouldn't be any problem running on your PC.

To run on a different core, open the Task Manager, then click on the "Details" tab. Locate openttd.exe on the list, right-click and select "Affinity", then select the core you want to run OpenTTD on (your options are probably Core 0 and Core 1, so pick Core 1).
huerteando
Engineer
Engineer

Post by huerteando »

I tried that and still runing low. And I tried the new version and the graphics are to new to me, and the things very tiny. I don't know if it is a configuration problem...

Today comes the new procesor. I will see if changin the procesor the problem will solve.

Thank you very much.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

try disabling "full animation"

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”