Need some help

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kyar
Engineer
Engineer

Need some help

Post by Kyar »

It seems like i cant figure out a way to transfer coal to a dock

I have a ship that able to carry coal and the dock is next to the coal mine and a forest too , the dock is able to host wood but not coal , so i don't know how to put coal into the ship or the dock

So any suggestions?
kamnet

Re: Need some help

Post by kamnet »

The dock's cachement area has to overlap with the coal mine. When it does this, then coal will be able to be loaded from the dock. To see the area, use the Dock placement tool with the Coverage Area Highlight turned on.

You can also "cheat" a little by building a copy of the dock station next to the coal mine using the "station spread" option. By default this will stretch up to 16 tiles. Just build a rail or truck station next to the coal mine using ctrl+click, and then select the name of the dock station. Just be warned that if you're on a multiplayer server that this may be considered to be against the rules ("beaming" or "station spreading") because unscrupulous players may use it to steal resources from other player's claims. So if you are double check with the server rules or the owner to make sure this is OK.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”